Can i Confirm

gravedigger

Inactive User
Reaction score
That when flashing a dbox with ifa method that the dbox should say flashing on the lcd and if theres no sign of this then bad flash?

As all i see is IFA on the screen but the last 1 i did actually stated flashing??

well there is another way of flashing....I usually ftp the img. file to the temp folder of the dbox and then go through the dbox menu to write an Image...takes about 5-8mins but works a treat.

The progress report of this method of flashing shows on your tv.

Is it that same version of IFA that you used last time?

The version from the download section should say FLASHING on the lcd when it's flashing and it will say FLASHING DONE! when it's complete. If you don't think it's doing it properly, unplug the box and plug it back in. If you have a null modem cable you can see the comms output from the box and you'll be able to see if it's actually flashing and communicating or sitting doing nothing.

A 2x box should take about 2 minutes to flash and a 1x box takes quite a bit longer...about 5 minutes.

flashin

:BLOBBY: my nokia x2 never says anthin like that but images still come up ok and work for me . isupose some boxes like it and some dont i supose ?:BLOBBY:

mine just says IFA on lcd screen but on ifa on pc afer a few min it says succesful in german but lcd stays the same but seems to be ok i also use com port maybe its the version of ifa ur using

hi it will only say flashing if you use null modem cable use crossover it wont gordy

i use null modem and it just says IFA flashing on lcd doesnt say complete only says it on PC Ifa !

gordy230 said:
hi it will only say flashing if you use null modem cable use crossover it wont gordy
i dont use a null modem cable on any that i have done(and i have done a few)it allways say "FLASHING" and "FALSHING DONE"and all the boxs are nokia dbox 2

hi same here mate never used null modem cable always get flashing on lcd and flashing done when finish all nokia boxes there is two or three diffrent ifa softwares that,s the diffrence not everyone using the same ifa............

devilfish said:

The version from the download section should say FLASHING on the lcd when it's flashing and it will say FLASHING DONE! when it's complete. If you don't think it's doing it properly, unplug the box and plug it back in. If you have a null modem cable you can see the comms output from the box and you'll be able to see if it's actually flashing and communicating or sitting doing nothing.

A 2x box should take about 2 minutes to flash and a 1x box takes quite a bit longer...about 5 minutes.
1x boxes take upto 15min lol. 2x boxes take max 3mins.

Seems to be another area of the dbox which is box dependant, i had a sagem 1x and it took aprox 3 min to flash, now have a nokia 2x and allso aprox 3 min to flash.

Ps. forgot to say useing null modem and x over, German ifa, ( not sure which version)

derek

Last edited:
devilfish said:

Ok.

Thanks for all the replies. as far as im concerned as it does say done in ifa with the german text come up which i can just make out says reboot box.

So i then proceed to scan and finds all channels perfect. So far so good.

The problem, im having its stayong on a encrypted channel for a few seconds then goes off with a fat white line through a black screen. Sometimes the picture will come back and sometimes it wont but it doesnt seem to do this on freeview channels. I tried sportser uk 05 which i have never had any probs with, keywelt 3.1 and also Boxcracker which i liked very much but to no avail. Boxcracker found 188 transponders but only 9 tv channels.

:(

This problem led to me thinking it was a bad flash??

any ideas u good people...

Last edited:
How many chips does it have
are you getting the white line on all the images you have tried so far.

Fergalsworld said:
How many chips does it have
are you getting the white line on all the images you have tried so far.
its a Nokia 2x

And only tried 2 images as BC wont find channels but yeah on those 2. I use sportster uk_05 all the time and never had a prob at all with that image but this scenario is just wired

Only channels it dont seem to do it to are the Freeview 1s.

try changing the ucodes m8. if it loaded up in the first place it wont be a bad flash. my box never says flashing in the lcd and always works ok. just depends on which version of ifa you have

Try this one
http://world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60419
after flashing transfer these two files into the zapit folder
http://world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49759&highlight=bruteforce
then press blue button and go into cryos sporstermode and change to 1.73
reboot it should now be set to do a brute force scan.
also try ucodes as leefield as suggested
if you get the same problem with the white line post a boot log
mgb might be kind enough to check it out to see if there is a hadware fault.
hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back