Can Apple TV 3 be jailbroken? and can I use plex?

marra

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi I can't seem to find a straight answer can the apple tv gen 3 be jailbroken I was looking at buying a roku for plex and netflix then I considered a android tv and then I thought I wouldn't mind trying a Apple Tv as it looks like I can pick one up for around £80 now.
Also can plex be installed as normal? I read it was possible without jailbreaking but tbh it sounds like a lot of messing about and something I would have to be on top of all the time I just want to jailbreak install plex, now tv and netflix and be pretty much done with it, any help would be great, thanks.

As far as I know mate it cannot be done at present. That is why the 2nd gen is still being sold at a higher price than it orginally was

yea just to backup what leemoo has said Apple TV3 is not jailbreakable at present , who knows there might be 1 on the horizon with the ios7 jailbreak being worked on as we speak

The simple answer is no...I also have apple tv3 box it cannot be jail broken yet

Apple tv2 go for stupid money...if you want to use it for xbmc why not go htpc route...I did

Or you could get nowtv from sky, (is a roku box) still £10 free delivery and side load plex

Hope this helps

Thanks for the replies guys I currently have a now TV box and the only thing it's missing is Netflix for obvious reasons so I could do with something else so its looking like either a roku 2 xs or android tv but I'm not sure which android TV to consider if anyone as any recommendations I did see this one on flebay http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=261238326596

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

It cant be jailbroken but you can use plex with it. You just need to have plexconnect running on another machine on your network and point the dns for the appletv at that machine

Back