Can anyone recomend a decent scart lead

barry221

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got a new 42 inch lcd up on the wall but the 10m scart i got seems to be rubish as the singnal of the tv seems to be runing through the back of the picture
Can anyone recomend a decent scart needs to be at least 5m and where to get it from?

any help much appreciated

watp

barry 221

they look good mate only problem is i need at least 5 or 6 metre cables to run through the wall to teh sky box etc 1.5 is no use cheers for the info though will have a look around ebay etc

ask seller a question m8 :ask him if he does longer ones,he seemed really hepfull when I contacted him :)

did exactly that mate got a 5 metre wan from him for 10 quid hopefully that will do the job ,cheeers again for the info

As the saying goes...yer gets what you pay for.
And I hardly think a £10 (5m) scart lead will improve things, personally speaking. Especially when you spend so much of your hard earned dosh on the TV. Always best to spend that little bit more for cables if you can afford.

All you need is a fully screened/shielded all pins connected lead, Theres no point in paying a fortune.

And I hardly think a £10 (5m) scart lead will improve things, personally speaking. Especially when you spend so much of your hard earned dosh on the TV. Always best to spend that little bit more for cables if you can afford.

Give that man a cigar! Took the words right out of my mouth! If you spend over a grand on a nice shiney TV surely you can afford to fork out £40 on a set of high quality component video cables!

All you need is a fully screened/shielded all pins connected lead, Theres no point in paying a fortune.

Oh dear, there's a lot more to it than that. Why on earth are people willing to pay serious money for quality kit and then try to skimp on the connectors?: shocked2

As Dazmeister and Devilfish have said, you need to fork out for decent cables if you want to make the most of your investment.

Oh dear, there's a lot more to it than that. Why on earth are people willing to pay serious money for quality kit and then try to skimp on the connectors?: shocked2

As Dazmeister and Devilfish have said, you need to fork out for decent cables if you want to make the most of your investment.

Oh dear ? What more is there, you can spend 90 quid or more on scart cables and they won`t be any better than a 19.99 pair that are fully screened, oh you can have gold connections? why bother when the scart socket on the tv isn`t gold and nor is the circuitery ? all in all there is no need to pay a fortune for so called monster scart cables.

i really dont see anya ffects of buying a quality scart lead. it gives the same result in my opinion.

i'm sorry but parker13 is right about the gold connectors. if you put your expensive gold plated scart lead into a nickel plated scart socket you will see an improvement in picture quality, BUT the small current flowing between the different metals over a period of about 3 months causes a reaction and increases resistance, reducing picture quality. gold for gold, nickle for nickle but always shielded.

I'm not saying you have to pay the earth for a cable but you're right in saying they all have to be individually screened conductors. Well constructed cables can be picked up for around £30 (5m) which I think is a small price to pay rather than the eBay tat which you don't really know what you're getting.
And longer cable runs (5m and over) should suffer less degradation.

But then if you're happy with the results, then thats all that matters but you may not be seeing the whole picture.

Fair enough if you only gone out and bought a £20 dvd player, no point in spending £30 on a scart lead. But we're talking on average £1k for LCD screen...

For a typical 1m connector, as long as it's well made and properly screened the benefits of going to a 'gold-plated-oxygen-free-copper-triple-insulated' cable will be negligible.

(Blimey, I've started something here :) )

Got a new 42 inch lcd up on the wall but the 10m scart i got seems to be rubish as the singnal of the tv seems to be runing through the back of the picture
Can anyone recomend a decent scart needs to be at least 5m and where to get it from?

What is it you're connecting by scart? Can't you use component instead?

Edit: Sorry, missed that it was a sky box. Does sky not do component?

well much to my amazment mate the scart i got was superb quality and has done the job just fine

To be honest i dont know much about scarts etc or components conecting ,as i said in my previous post the scarts i was pointed to on ebay by a members on here were superb quality and done the job just fine ,I may spend the big buck on conectors when i get a hd box to go with the television and then im sure i will see the diffrence ,thanks again for all the help guys

watp

barry 221

just had a quick look at that review. One of the reviewed cables sells for £183 quid.

LMAO @ anyone who buys one of them.

as parker13 said, all that matters is that the red green and blue signal wires are individually screened. basically each colour is transmitted down a length of co-ax - just like component.

oxygen free?? another pointless exercise

I know this has been said before but you get a much better picture with component than scart (any day of the week). assuming your dvd player or kit can take component.
Colours are better, picture is sharper, more depth.

Back