Can anyone help me fix my hard drive??? please

rnld

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have a 1tb wd hd, i had an 850gb wbfs partition but games started crashing on load and not working i had 135 or so on there but ended up going for a format through disk management so it gave me ntfs, i left it running for over 13 hours n thought it must not be working and canceled, by this point i had researched formatting 1tb drives in fat32 and tried a couple of programmes but would not let me do a full format only a quick format, so i went to wii game manager to try to convert and put games on but it failed halfway through. i have now tried to wbfs format again which it did with wbfs manager and then went to add a game, half way through i get the ding dong sound a few times like when you have just plugged something into the computer and says complete but they dont show up! where do i go from here and what do i do?

thank you, i have been trying to have a look but rapidshare too busy so il keep trying n let you know

Try this game manager :

Wii backup Manager for Windows - GBAtemp.net

Comes with the format commands built-in, so will format either NTSF, FAT32 or WBFS and also let you install games to a FAT32 partition scrubbing them in the process (just like WBFS does)

I use this with Cofigurable USB Loader (which lets you run off a FAT32 partition)

Also if you format to FAT32 you can then use 'standard' WinDoze utils to access the HD if it goes wrong or needs defragging at some point

Try this game manager :

Wii backup Manager for Windows - GBAtemp.net

Comes with the format commands built-in, so will format either NTSF, FAT32 or WBFS and also let you install games to a FAT32 partition scrubbing them in the process (just like WBFS does)

I use this with Cofigurable USB Loader (which lets you run off a FAT32 partition)

Also if you format to FAT32 you can then use 'standard' WinDoze utils to access the HD if it goes wrong or needs defragging at some point

it has said "an error occured while formatting" instantly!

thanks dogtoffee il have another try

edit that prog-fat32 format let me do quick format but when i went to full format get error
failed to set partition info
getlasterror () =2
the system can not find the file specified

any idea what this means i have to do?

Last edited:
It's possible the HDD has gone tits up. Run WD's diagnostics on it.

Ive just taken it back to currys and they've given me a refund, so i guess ive lost nothing just have to start over when my new 1 comes!

Back