Calling Electronics guru's!

lagerlout

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm interested in doing the homebrew hack so I've bought a rrod xbox thats been offline for ages.
When I checked it,it had a secondary error code of 0001 which is a psu fault. I tried another psu and its not that because the psu works on another machine. I discovered that the 12v power rail was shorted to ground and after checking all the mosfets I found one that read a dead short across the legs.
I'm having a little trouble removing it at present so dont't know 100% it just that and I would need to buy a more powerful soldering iron to remove it. I dont want to go out and buy the iron if I can't get hold of the component to replace it with. This is where I need help....
The part number of the part I need is NTD60N02R
This is the data sheet for it
http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/NTD60N02R-D.PDF
I can't find anyone selling just one they seem to be in multiples of 75 which works out around 50 quid!!
Can anyone tell me if I can use another component in its place?
Or better still anywhere I can buy just a couple of these components?
Sorry for the long post :)

I couldn't tell you mate. I'm no electronics guru. Best drop them an email or ring them. I used them because they were resonably priced and sold stuff in smaller quantities than most other places.

as the replacement is one of a lower value, it will blow before blowing anything else on the board, so may be worth a go

Cheers for the replys. Actually looking at it again it looks like the resistance is completely different on the replacement one as well, I dont think its gonna work. Wouldnt want to risk doing any further damage to the xbox.

Back