cable crimping

maplins is too dear for tools mate
i dont know wot its like where ur from mate but Glasgow we have a place called BonnyPack and it is fantastic
i went into maplins looking for a soldering iron £15 they wanted for the one i was looking at went into BonnyPack and got the exact same one for £1.25 exc vat now thats wot i'm talking about ;) wouldn't look past them for tools
only went to that site cause BonnyPack don't sell crimps lol
Cheers
MFCGAVMFC
:roflmao:we have poundies which is even cheaper

what do u mean by not crimping them enuff

i've cut the cable down so that the inside shiedling is at the point where its coming through the hole with the copper and then pushing the little blue bit all the way down till its completely squashed

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

these r what vm use the cut the cable and crimp them on

the tool and f-connectors

what do u mean by not crimping them enuff

i've cut the cable down so that the inside shiedling is at the point where its coming through the hole with the copper and then pushing the little blue bit all the way down till its completely squashed

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC
the outer cable should go inside the blue piece

from what i understand you are saying the f connectors you have are slipping off the cable after you crimp them,that means they are not getting squashed onto the cable tight enough,hence the fact they are just slipping off,the tool you have probably has different adjustment setting for tightening,see if you can adjust it to tighten the f connector more

from what i understand you are saying the f connectors you have are slipping off the cable after you crimp them,that means they are not getting squashed onto the cable tight enough,hence the fact they are just slipping off,the tool you have probably has different adjustment setting for tightening,see if you can adjust it to tighten the f connector more
problem it will be is u can get different size f-connectors
the produce ones for the black cable which r bigger than the ones for the white cable

these r what vm use the cut the cable and crimp them on

the tool and f-connectors

those are the exact connectors just a different tool i'm using to put them on

yes the white insulation goes inside the blue bit and the inner-silver but is coming up through the connector along with the copper but still the f-plug s coming off cable

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

ok,well if i was in ur situation i would get a vice grips and crush the shit out of it tbh.if it wrecks pic quality just chop off and do again

yes the white insulation goes inside the blue bit and the inner-silver but is coming up through the connector along with the copper but still the f-plug s coming off cable

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC
have a look on the f-connectors what does it say??

the f-connectors dont say annyhting

its the snap and seal ones thats all i know got them with my crimps and cutters from that canadian site

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

the f-connectors dont say annyhting

its the snap and seal ones thats all i know got them with my crimps and cutters from that canadian site

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

on mine from the cc's lol;)

it has *AUGAT LRC*SNS6

may be the cable is thin is it proper cc cable??

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Hi M8, i bought the same set as you and had the same problem to start with ... BUT they work fine honestly... this is what I have done..

1) Use the cable stripper to strip the cable - I put the end of the cable level with the side of the stripper

2) Put the blue plug over the end of the cable

3) push your cable in to the end, you have to make sure that the white outer sheath of the cable goes on the outside of the inner part of the plug. Just keep pushing until the inner plastic core is level with the inside of the connector. You will fine the middle wire core then protudes quite a lot out of the F plug.

4) Cut the wire core back level with the F-Plug

5) Insert plug into compression crimpers and squeeze your life out of it... The blue plug basically squashes the outer core of the white cable (i.e. the white bit) on to the outside of the smaller middle core of the F- Plug

I hope this make sense - if it doesnt I will try and post some pictures of mine while I am doing it if it helps...

q2

Last edited:
tried that mate still cant get them 2 stay on wasted bout 10 of these little buggers lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back