Buying the VU+ Duo for £295...advice needed?

rafter_01

Inactive User
Reaction score
Afternoon,

from ebay im buying this box for £295 , is this a good price? what image should i request to come with this box? or can i get any image from them and the change it later?

Is there anything i need to watch out for before i buy this box? it says its original but how would i know it is?

Also, ill be connecting this in my living room but the problem i have is that my internet router is in a completely different place, so im planning on using 'homeplugs' to connect to the vu+ box from my router. Would this be ok?

Hi

I think thats a normal price for the box now, maybe £10 either way lol You didnt give a link so cant say but top rates seller and check feedback.Im sure a clone is alot cheaper anyway lol

Yes get image stick it on usb pen stick it in lol turn off and on and new image installed, but thats just the start mate,
Dont use homeplugs but cant see why they wouldnt, they seem to work with everything else lol

I use Homeplugs with no problem

quality, defo going to buy.. would i need to buy a separate Hard drive? A USB hard drive?

quality, defo going to buy.. would i need to buy a separate Hard drive? A USB hard drive?

either would work tbh, i got fed up with my usb hdd and took it apart and fitted it to the vu+ lol

if you have a sky hd box just rip the hard drive out of that, perfect for duo, but any 3.5 sata drive will do!

I wouldnt trust ebay m8. I think the likes of world-of-satellite sell them at that price delivered, better to be safe

I cant remember if this is my first post, been lurking a while :) but I have nothing to do with said outlet, just seen their name over at the vix forums.

Btw I used my sky hard drive

ive spoken to sic at WoS numerous times, and you can GUARANTEE that you wont get dodgey gear from there

homeplugs will work fine with the receiver, and any sata hdd will go in, i also have a 500G from a sky+ receiver in my one, but, i also have a usb stick for keeping EPG data, picons, and if i press pause, this uses the usb as well, the only time my hdd spins is if im actually recording something, or watching something ive recorded

Buy a clone and save £100.

yeah I know someone on the forum that did that already sent it back and new one playing up lol but i guess his as unlucky as me with my dm800 lmfao

Last edited by a moderator:
More have good clones than do not mate and thats a fact.
You wont claim through paypal if sold as clone either.

Dunno mate i only know 1 person who has a vu+ and its a clone and his having problems

You pay your money and take a chance :D

I have both Duo and Solo Clones. Love them to bits and no problems :)

I dont need to know really, mine not a clone and is fine lol

But i know many dm800 clones are good too :p

I personally would buy clones but you have got to go into it with your eyes open and say that if there is a problem it is gonna cost you 40-50 quid to sort out.

Shopping for clones has got to be based on probability.

ive spoken to sic at WoS numerous times, and you can GUARANTEE that you wont get dodgey gear from there
just bought one from there..shud have it tommorow...for £290 delivered....

Last edited by a moderator:
what homeplugs do you use? do you get any freeze ups when viewing?
some plugs work fine some dont...there is a lot of other issues that could affect freezing....most common i believe is oversubscribed provider....lol...

i have Devolo 1155 High Speed Ethernet Powerline Adapter 100% ok no freezing

Back