Buying a new box

chrisyt11

Inactive User
Reaction score
I already have a Cloud Ibox 2+ and in my digging in trying to get other images onto it, it has become clear that it's a copy (of an xp1000 so I've been informed). I'm no dummy to this hobby - previous boxes include a TM1500CI+ and Eagle (dm500 clone (which I knew was clone when I bought it!)).

My question is, when on the market for a new box, without waiting a year for support to grow and images to come out - how do we, the general public, know if its a copy or not?

Knowing if it's a copy is a rather vital piece of information as this can dictate where to get images from, bootloaders etc. Without this knowledge we run the risk of knackering our boxes. You could well say that price is a give away but there are copies out there that sell for hundreds.

Your thoughts/ opinions/ experience are welcome.

I already have a Cloud Ibox 2+ and in my digging in trying to get other images onto it, it has become clear that it's a copy (of an xp1000 so I've been informed). I'm no dummy to this hobby - previous boxes include a TM1500CI+ and Eagle (dm500 clone (which I knew was clone when I bought it!)).

My question is, when on the market for a new box, without waiting a year for support to grow and images to come out - how do we, the general public, know if its a copy or not?

Knowing if it's a copy is a rather vital piece of information as this can dictate where to get images from, bootloaders etc. Without this knowledge we run the risk of knackering our boxes. You could well say that price is a give away but there are copies out there that sell for hundreds.

Your thoughts/ opinions/ experience are welcome.

Buy from approved dealers not ebay or alibaba.

If u get something like a zgemma theres no clones and there a great box

ive just bought a zgemma star 2s direct from main zgemma site it arrived within 2 days and box is well made and even remote is decent considering price

- - - Updated - - -

P.s. as a complete noob i wish id have just paid a bit extra for a box that is pre set up

ive just bought a zgemma star 2s direct from main zgemma site it arrived within 2 days and box is well made and even remote is decent considering price

- - - Updated - - -

P.s. as a complete noob i wish id have just paid a bit extra for a box that is pre set up

Have you got into the box and done it yet, if you have, i bet now your glad it did not come preset.
i felt like that when i first started i kept getting it wrong and kept reading and reading thinking why am i being so thick, i still cant claim to know very much, but now i can get by i think why did i find that was so hard. i still remember the feeling the first time i got right.

to expensive to buy preset ..
to set it up look up videos on you tube
cheap as chips to do it yourself

Back