iPhone Buying a iphone 1st gen

Exclusive

DW Regular
Reaction score
I should be getting a iphone by the end of the week,

i think its got the orignal firmware, and has been jailbroken and unlocked

I want to reset this to factory settings, but if i reset it to factory settings and update via itunes, can it still be unlocked with the latest version ?

Or whats the best thing to do

Thanks

When you get the phone, do as planned. Update the phone to FW 2.1 using iTunes and then you find it is locked to O2.

Download the file below called QuickPwn. This will jailbreak and activate your phone plus unlock it to any network (except 3). Note: 3G versions will not be unlocked, you need to use a TurboSim for these. It will jailbreak and activate though.

I've included the BL files as QuickPwn sometimes needs these if they have been updated by a previous jailbreak. Double click the "Pineapple" icon and follow the instructions. It is really easy and at the end you will have an unlocked phone with Cydia and Installer for adding some free apps.

Good luck!

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

thanks mate

butt the big but

ive been told that 2.2 version is out, and if i update with itunes i will end up getting 2.2

how can i be sure that i download 2.1, oh and its not a 3g one

thanks again

no problem and very good point!

download the older firmware from:

iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From

then open iTunes but reject the offer to update. Click on the iphone icon on the left and the first page will allow you to restore your iphone.

Press the control key and restore button and a dialogue box will appear allowing you to select your own restore firmware. Choose the new downloaded one and allow the phone to update. This will take about 5 mins.

Then your ready to pineapple!

again thanks for the help

i also use a macbook lol so i cant run the exe file

doh

you guys! lol

quickpwn is the windows version of a mac program!

I think it is pwnage you need to d/l, i'll have a look

I would probably restored all the way to 2.1 but if you are at 1.1.4 no problem.

ziphone does unlock phones but iLiberty+ is the software of choice upto version 1.1.4

Then you use Pwn based software for FW 2+

as an addition: you don't have to unlock at each stage of firmware update, just at the end!

Last edited:
ok i am on 2.1 now and using pwnage to unlock, it asks me for the 39.bin and 46.bin

when i load 39.bin it says its not the correct file :S

in the windows version of quickpwn, you need to have the bootloaders in the same folder as quickpwn.exe

quickpwn then selects the correct one for the phone as older phones had different bootloaders.

the reason why ziphone is bad as it can upset the bootloaders causing future unlocking to fail! :(

Back