Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Buying a HD Linux Box

supersatbox

Inactive User
Hi everyone...Great forum here...

I am upgrading my satellite system to HD and I am confused about which HD Linux box to get; I have already 3 Boxes in mind with nearly the same price but I just want to make sure which one of them has the best picture quality (I had a bad experience with DM 800 HD Clone)...

The boxes are: VU+ SOLO, GIGA BLUE HD 800 SE and DM 800 HD SE CLONE

Please advise

Thanks for your help

:thankz:

my personal choice would be a dm 800 se i totally love mine.
never had any probs with heating or errors.
as long as you have a decent image your ready to go.

nistleboy

Yes mate that's fine
None of us can afford the real deal either lol

Sent from my x10 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Mate

Just one more question please: is the picture quality OK on the 800 SE because it was really very poor on the DM 800 HD; that's why I was thinking to get a VU+ Solo or Giga Blue because of their cristal clear picture quality....

Thanks for the clarification

I have just got a DM800 SE and can recommend it. It runs very quiet and cool and is very well supported.

Do not listen to any of the spiel and hype about the GigaBlue, it has very little support and will probably be consigned to the trash can soon. It is being marketed as a "Clone Buster", what a laugh, it comes nowhere near a DM800 SE. The Vu+ SOLO is a very good receiver and has the advantage of being able to run ViX images which are very nice. There have been a few reports of PSU issues with the clone versions but also there seem to be a lot of satisfied customers.

My order of preference would be:
1. DM 800SE clone (just ahead of the Vu+ SOLO)
2. Vu+ SOLO
3. Anything except a Gigablue

Cdmt
Pimpi

I recently purchased an Icecrypt s3550 and cant fault it, crystal clear pic and runs cold. I don't have any exp of the DM800 but the 500s clones always put me off due to their unstable nature.

The gigablue is just a clone of a dreambox with i assume a locked bootloader so you can't flash your own image so how they claim it's genuine is beyond me!

Sent from my telephone.

The gigablue is just a clone of a dreambox with i assume a locked bootloader so you can't flash your own image so how they claim it's genuine is beyond me! telephone.

I agree 100%, it's a pile of rubbish that "Clone Buster" tag they are giving the Gaga Blue box, a dm800se from PRC is cheaper and it kicks the monkey out of that Gaga box. They have to think that punters are mugs with the spiel and hype tripe being used to push the Gaga.

Cdmt
Pimpi

The gigablue is just a clone of a dreambox with i assume a locked bootloader so you can't flash your own image so how they claim it's genuine is beyond me!

Sent from my telephone.

It can be called original because it has its own drivers etc and not cloned ones from the DM's,
but its still seems to be a very bad box spec wise compared to the clones but I suppose you do get a warranty :)

It can be called original because it has its own drivers etc and not cloned ones from the DM's,
but its still seems to be a very bad box spec wise compared to the clones but I suppose you do get a warranty :)

Ah now I understand thanx wiz! I'd click thanx if tapatalk would let me :)

what I've seen of it, it's slower than a bog standard 800se clone aswell, I suppose it might seem inviting to someone new to the game who hasn't done their homework

Sent from my telephone.

I recently purchased an Icecrypt s3550 and cant fault it, crystal clear pic and runs cold. I don't have any exp of the DM800 but the 500s clones always put me off due to their unstable nature.

Not really sure about that i've had some 500s and C clones for well over 3 -4 years only issue i've ever had is one failed PSU.

How much does an SE work out at these days as a VU+ Duo is down to about £175.00 with free delivery ?.

If you buy a single unit from one of the PRC vendors I think it works out at £148 delivered for the WiFi version of the dm800se, and as stated by "wiz569" above, it is around £140 for the non WiFi version of the dm800se.

If you are going to connect the receiver to your router, buying the WiFi version saves money as it saves on the cost of buying an aftermarket WiFi USB bridge. Unless of course, you are going to use a hard wired LAN cable to connect to the router.

Cdmt
Pimpi

Back