CD & DVD burning avi files to dvd?

lucasmc05

Inactive User
Reaction score
can it be done?, using dvd video soft, cant seem to find the file, basically im trying to burn a film i downloaded from the pirate b*y onto a dvd, any help?

You can also use a programme called DVD Flick which is freeware, it converts avi to dvd you can then burn on the programme of your choice.
I use it regularly and am quite happy with it.
how long do them 2 softwares take to convert and burn a movie, im using convertxtodvd cracked version but it takes about an hour to convert a file, is there any software thats quicker than this!

An Hour Is About Right For Most Coverters:banana:
XTODVD Is One Of The Best.
yeah been using it for a couple years now, just thought there might be newer software on the market that done it quicker, ooooohhhhh wellllll!:Clap:

how long do them 2 softwares take to convert and burn a movie, im using convertxtodvd cracked version but it takes about an hour to convert a file, is there any software thats quicker than this!

I use convertxtodvd 4, most movies take around 20 minutes to convert and burn.

Dont forget though, AVI files will play on most new DVD & Blue Ray players in their native format, just burn to CD or DVD as a data file and stick it in your player.

Regards Finearrow

can i do that with convertxtodvd, and how many dvd players actually recognise the native format!

I would have thought quite a lot of new players now can play AVI, look for the DIVX logo on the player or check the manual or research your player on the net or quicker still try it and see.
If you have an AVI file smaller than 700mb use a cd disk if its bigger use a dvd disk.
I use Nero but you can use whatever burning software you have.
Just burn the disk as a data disk with your AVI file, thats it, give it a try, it will either work or it wont. You cant do this with Convertoxdvd, just use your normal burn software, ie Nero or Image Burn which is free to download.

Hope this helps

Regards Finearrow

thanks mate i'll give this a go later, i have image burn so can try it with that, how long does it take to burn then im assuming its quick with it not having to convert!

is it just avi files you can do this with??

thanks mate i'll give this a go later, i have image burn so can try it with that, how long does it take to burn then im assuming its quick with it not having to convert!

is it just avi files you can do this with??

Most divx/dvd will play mpeg files too. It doesnt take any time at all since theres no conversion to be done. You can have 6 x 700mb avi files on one dvdr in less than 10 minutes.

Yep thats right you can put quite a few AVI's on one 4.4GB DVD.

I'm using a Panasonic BD35 Blueray player, it plays AVI's just fine but it will not play
Mpeg4 files, apparantly it is supposed to though, perhalps it needs a firmware update.
It also plays downloaded 720P Blueray MKV files converted to AVCHD disk, works great plays back at 720p on my Panny plasma.

Regards Finearrow

XTODVD Is One Of The Best.

I'm having problems with ConvertXToDVD - for some reason it doesn't recognise that there is a DVD-RW in the drive.

Can anyone recommend another burning software that allows chapters to be created in the avi before coding / burning?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

try unistalling convertxdvd and re-installing another version.

ive had a few weird problems with convertxdvd sourced from diffrent places in he past.

[ame=http://rapidshare.com/files/411757840/VSO_convert_x_to_DVD_4_and_serial.rar]convertxdvd[/ame]

Last edited:
I'm having problems with ConvertXToDVD - for some reason it doesn't recognise that there is a DVD-RW in the drive.

Can anyone recommend another burning software that allows chapters to be created in the avi before coding / burning?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

XtoDVD insterts chapters automatically, but you can alter the durations etc manually

hi dogtoffee long time since i last asked for and got your valuable help. my question is that a freebee for converting if so how do i come by it pse

Back