Hardware Burner spitting discs out

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, if you put a blank bluray disc in your bluray burner and it tried to read it, it spins for few seconds and then it ejects the disc does that mean the discs arnt compatible ? Thanks

It could mean that but it could also mean that the discs have not been seated properly or they have been put in upside down or it could also be a problem with the burner programme or drivers or indeed a faulty player.
It will just be a case of trying to eliminate each possible cause and no doubt someone else will also suggest another possibility.

hi, its actually my brothers pc and he texted last night, only thing i could think of was he got the wrong discs, im not sure about dvds working but i no 25gig blurays do, the new discs are 50 gig but the drive specs do say dual layer bluray so should work with them, il take him threw the points suggested and go from there and get abit more info from him,

Just to update the thread, got the bluray drive off my brother and a few discs, first thing i did was update the firmware on it, tried putting a disc in and it wasnt even trying to read it, all other discs we tried were reading ok, then i found on net a list of compatible dual layer bd-r discs compatible with his drive and the discs he had werent on it, so can only assume its the discs, i did advise him to get verbs in the first place as there a very good disc imo, there also on the list i found tonight so hes going to order some of them and all should be ok, thanks

Back