bulldogbroadband advice

zapper

Inactive User
Reaction score
can anyone tell me is bulldog worth having they are offering a few broadband packages on there website here > www.bulldogbroadband.com
i jst want to have there 4meg broadband but sot sure if you have to have there phone line as well can anyone have a look at there wesite & tell me if they are offering 4meg broadband on its own thanks

Right mate heres my story with Bulldog (oh no here he goes...)

Firstly to test to see if the network in your area(put in postcode and BT Number) is ready for 4mb, goto www.ukonline.co.uk put your details in and see what services are available to you. If they can't offer a 4mb service then your exchange wont be able to handle Bulldog's 4mb service either.

Secondly if you have a BT line you should be ok to get Bulldog, however you will have to transfer your telephone over to them (read the small print, unlimited 4mb line is £29.99 a month per similar, but you MUST have the phone line with them for an extra £10 per month. They do give you unlimited local and national calls with no 1 hour time limit etc...)

If you dont have a Land Line in place they will have to connect you. They do only charge £60, whereas BT charge £75, however I was waiting for 3 months!!! In then end I told them to stick their service up their arse and I now have a BT line and a www.f2s.com connection :) (2mb, 100gig limit per month but unmetered between 1am and 6am). Very very good service and the speeds are fantastic! and it only took a week to get the whole thing sorted as oppose to 3 months with even more waiting time on Bulldog!

But if you have a BT line then they wont need to connect you, but the customer service is appauling.

I'm being connected on the 31st May to Bulldog so I'll let you know how things go in the changeover as from what I've read.It's a bit hectic and you end up with a bit of downtime on both the net and phoneline.
Fingers crossed.
If I don't like the service it's bye bye to them as the contract is on a month to month basis.

Jush had anotehr bad report from someone. Was meant to be turned on today (ooohh err missus) but now NEXT WEEK!!

Fingers crossed mate.

im on bulldog.. when the service is working its fine.. but their customer service is appauling.. report a faulty phoneline and YOU WILL wait over a week before someone even contacts you to say "i hear your phone isnt working" if you try to cancel your bulldog line.. dont even bother... i have worked out to cancel my bulldog line i will have to move house.. its like that... yeah u have a month contract.. but they dont like putting you through to cancelations.. were closed they say.. oh sorry i dont have that number ring back and the next person will have the number... Check on their site.. i believe their interactive is now 4MB withouth a bullshi t line..

Im moving house in a few months and ill be f ing them right off :) theyre shyte service is appauling.. if you have ordered id cancel straight away.. and get bt..

oh and goldberg.. if you exchange says u can have 2mb .. bullshi t boradband can offer you 4mb. because they have their own systems in the exchange allowing this.. but again if you have a crappy line on the pole.. you might aswell just get a string and 2 cups cause u aint gonna get the service u asked for even if u ask them to replace the line..

Well I got connected but not on the the 31st it didn't happen until the 1st.
As for their customer service I agree with you kalipo it's appaling.
I wasn't sent any e-mail with my details on how to log-in and when I finally got connected it took me 45 mins to get through that was after dialling it about 25 times that day.
Anyway everything seems ok. I have a 6.4mb connection as that's all my modem can take, according to the Bulldog site it's an 8mb connection we have now, so it's off to e-bay for a decent modem.

just had my broadband upgraded last monday to "up to 8 meg" modem reports 7000 kbps speed but adslguide.org says about 3000 kbps, also had 2 days of downtime which pissed me off but it seemes ok now

few things

Custermer Services is the worst in the world not an exageration but in all my time as a custermer that needed help i have found alot of dodgy custermer services but nothing NOTHING compares to bulldog !!!!

if i wrote you my story you would get bored with the amount of writing on one page.

im still with them because i get free phone calls and 4MB (because i have moaned so so many many times i get 640K downloads) and i get 68K upload so im very happy with speeds and its not capped so i download movies in a day/half day not a week now.

its down to you m8y i cant see you not having a problem and needing custermer services but if you can get through it all then its not a bad services in the end i just hope it dont go down as that means i have to phone them (OH GOD NO)

I have been told that the contention ratio is higher with Bulldog than with other providers. Anyone know anymore?

you need do have phone line to get bulldog 4 meg that s what i was told when signed
up

Bulldog 8mb service has been great so far

Bulldog 8mb free phone calls (Super Active)

I read through posts on the adslguide.org and bulldog forums and I heard 99% bad things about them and the odd good thing. There deal is the best around but the support/customer service is very bad.

Order placed Date: 15/06/2005
Got my email confirmation the same day with my bdol number.

23/06/2005
Modem was shipped the free USB speedtouch 330.
An hour later I got the email with all my user details and my Activation date 30/06/05. Setup my wireless router with my user details didn't use the 330 modem they sent me as it was free why not take it.

30/06/05
11am my router starts to authenticate with my line, solid green light for ADSL which means it is connected. Turn on my Mac powerbook G4 do a speed test on adslguide all great. It disconnected around 7 times through the day, Bulldog still testing the line.

Later that evening I have had no phone calls which is strange, I pick the phone up get the dial tone normal :) Call my mobile it all goes through okay. No I call my home number from my mobile and it just rings but my phone doesn't ring I am like what the ****

Get straight on the phone to bulldog on hold for 30 minutes good job my phone has loud speaker and it is 0800 number free. Get through to an agent who tells me they will log it and an engineer will call me back today or tomorrow.

31/06/05
No phone call but the phone is working great. They must have fixed it as it has been working ever since it would have been to get a call to say all is okay.
My ADSL has now been connected for 4 days now. Phone service has been working fine too so good job bulldog.

I haven't checked my bill I know my aunt had 3 payments taken in one month so when I get my statement there may be a phone war lol.

*****+

I've been with them for over a month now. At the start I had a problem with my line dropping now and again so I phoned them and was told I would be called next day. The next day when the engineer called me back and said because of my distance from the exchange he needed to turn it down a bit. So I now have 6120 down and 576 up which isn't to bad really.
As for their Customer service forget it you'll hang on for ages. It's not so bad when you dial 150 from their phone as I only waited 10 mins.
As for a bill I haven't paid anything except the initial £1 so no doubt I'll cop a 3 month bill in one go. I'll just make sure I leave £40 in the account for it each month as I sent them an account No I hardly use.

Back