Bulgarian jtag...help

steveh

Member +
Reaction score
Hi Guys...just got hold of a bulgarian jtag.....but cant get it to work...has any one used successfuly? I,m not sure i have connected wires in the right place on jtag especialy the VCC (+b ?) any help or pic of correct wiring on jtag would be appreciated...read tuts and shoulb be ok on sdt use
Thanks steveh

need a bit more info here mate what box are you trying to jtag a samsung or a pace 4000

Hi Ram...its a pace 4010....just want to make sure where to connect my wires on the jtag (bulgarian)...seems to be a couples of ways to do it?

vcc = red wire = PIN 2
tdi = brown wire = PIN 3
gnd = yellow wire with crocodile clip = PIN 6 or earth to chassis
tms = blue wire = PIN 5
tck = black wire = PIN 7
tdo = green wire = PIN 9
trst = grey wire = unused

I also had to open up the parallell connector of the jtag and solder in a wire that connected pins 8 and 15 together. Try yours without this mod first has I know some people do not have to do it but it will give you an option if you find you have aggro.

Hi,

Is This any good it's the TMC Jtag But may help?

good pic satch...but on this bulgarian one it appears to be 2 places thta you could wire too but on one it has marked +b would this be vcc ? all the other wire points are same as stated. I've tried running it with sdt but when i click connect it doesn't appear to do so...keep getting connection error between pc and target???
tried everything including changing parrelle port
very stuck now!!!!!

pic of bulgarian jtag

Here is a pic of this jtag.....any help on correct place to attach wires..i'm ok with 4010 end

Hello again mate just had a look at the pic of you j tag to what i can make out the +b and trst points are not used there are only six wires used on a j tag so i would forget the +b and trst points

hope this helps

VCC – PIN 2 GND – PIN 6
TDI – PIN 3 TCK – PIN 7
TMS – PIN 5 TDO – PIN 9

just follow this and you cant go wrong

Have tried everything now guys..am really wissed off with it been at it all day and read all the tuts...the only thing i would ask is can one of you check my pic i posted and tell me the postion to connect wires, by the black sockett or the single pins? By the black sockett it states VDD not VCC would this be for pin 2? and by the single Pins it only shows +b would this be the VCC point?
at the moment pin 2 on board is connected to point VDD, still does not work...When click connect in sdt all i get is "pc to target cable disconected"
Thanks guys for your interest

use the stand up pins mate - +B should be vcc (pin 1or2 on 4010) ground is 4(4010)
the rest are as mentioned above.
if you can't connect then reboot and go into your pc bios settings and set the parallel port to epp mode.
i should also mention that if the box has the vod update you will need to start it in eng menu to get the stb. otherwise you may find it constantly resetting and stoping you from dumping the keys.

Hi All,

How's it going steveh, have you sorted it yet?

Here's you Pic with my thoughts on where the wires might go? (But I don't know for sure).
I used +B going from what TwoBeerCan said above.

Last edited:
Hi All,:Wave:

@rabbitface1 I'd get one from TMC if I where you.

Hi All,

Did anyone buy the Bulgarian jtag and get it to work?????

nice one satch , i just soldered some wires onto the end of my pogo jtag which i used for my sammy , followed ur pic and with bke got my bk and ird for a 4010n

dave_c said:
nice one satch , i just soldered some wires onto the end of my pogo jtag which i used for my sammy , followed ur pic and with bke got my bk and ird for a 4010n

HiYa,

Glad it helped M8, :banana: Well Done Dave :banana: .

The Bulgarian Jtag needs Modding if anyone as one?

Bulgarian Jtag Mods

Here they are.No need to fit the bottom black wire. I didn't update the picture.Clever eh? :)
In case you can't see the difference, look at the three left resistors, they are moved down one position on the left and R9 is removed.

AtmelAce said:
Here they are.No need to fit the bottom black wire. I didn't update the picture.Clever eh? :)
In case you can't see the difference, look at the three left resistors, they are moved down one position on the left and R9 is removed.

Hi,

Well Done AtmelAce Great Job M8.

I didn't think of the resistors LoL, I cut the track and used link wires (Also Had to turn the chip around) Plus Plus Plus LoL.

Last edited:
Well done AA...I'll get it out of the bin now (shed)...and try it
Good to get old posts responded too
Merry Xmas

Back