Building my Brick Shed with pics.

Looks superb, surprising how much its moved on now you got some motivation back.

Are you going to put a path to it or a little patio/decking around it?

Looks brilliant mate i know u said at the beginning of the post that u were going to use it as a shed why dont u use it as a comp room or even a room away from everyone with big tv n sat lol.

mr p

Cheers guys.

Think i may use it as Summerhouse come gym and get a wooden shed for the side of my house.

With regards the outside i have about 10 tonne of earth to move as my garden is on slope, there will be a patio area outside my dining room with steps upto the upper level/gym.
I will then have a eliptical lawn with the chav water feature, there will also be a sitting area at the back of the garden.
This will look out over nice views and over the Pergola walk at lower level side of the house.

Got a lot of work ahead of me but getting into it now.

Fitted all GRP profiles and mitred corners as advised, also bought a catalyst measurer for £3.

Ordered plaster ceiling boards and low energy spots (9w each - will fit 7).

Will be removing all this and more.....
DSCF0813.jpg

Steps will lead upto french doors onto top level/lawn/seating area and below will be patio.
DSCF0812.jpg

Respect mate that looks brilliant now.
Love the doors.

i think a nice big tv & sat setup with a pc constantly on DW with a nice fridge full of ice cold miller would just set that right off mucker

well done mate that is an absoluter stomper of a project!!

you cant dare grace that with bikes and lawnmowers etc!! lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i think a nice big tv & sat setup with a pc constantly on DW with a nice fridge full of ice cold miller would just set that right off mucker

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

He he he , what a brilliant idea, that sounds soooooooo good.

the 2 empty bottles of miller lying on my computer desk kinda inspired it mate

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I would have been tempted to put another level on as a a bedroom and moved in for good lol.

:Cheers:

dont declare it and dont pay council tax on it!!

Sounds like another cunning plan developed by MFCGAVMFC and HibbyDave!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Lookin good :).. one thing though.. that roof looks like chip board.. is it sealed yet.. felt?? we have rain due in a day or 2.. dont want that soakin in..

Well done.. good job..

Lookin good :).. one thing though.. that roof looks like chip board.. is it sealed yet.. felt?? we have rain due in a day or 2.. dont want that soakin in..

Well done.. good job..

Depends if its vac/vac treated or it may be tanalised chipboard in which case it would be ok but if it is untreated then yeh your right Kalipo, it will get hammered.

Cheers guys.

Think i may use it as Summerhouse come gym and get a wooden shed for the side of my house.

With regards the outside i have about 10 tonne of earth to move as my garden is on slope, there will be a patio area outside my dining room with steps upto the upper level/gym.
I will then have a eliptical lawn with the chav water feature, there will also be a sitting area at the back of the garden.
This will look out over nice views and over the Pergola walk at lower level side of the house.

Got a lot of work ahead of me but getting into it now.

Fitted all GRP profiles and mitred corners as advised, also bought a catalyst measurer for £3.

Ordered plaster ceiling boards and low energy spots (9w each - will fit 7).

Will be removing all this and more.....
DSCF0813.jpg

Steps will lead upto french doors onto top level/lawn/seating area and below will be patio.
DSCF0812.jpg

rains on the way m8, {more than likely wedensday}.........if the osb wasn't treated you will have to give the boards a coat of resin untill we get drier weather

15 to 20ml of catalyst per kilo of resin is enough for this hot weather..."you dont want the resin going off too quick, considering this is the 1st time youve done this type of job

Last edited:
Cheers Benny for advice mate. Will check forecast for my area, was just going to cover roof to keep it dry if rain comes.

Will one layer of 450g matt be ok ?

Cheers Benny for advice mate. Will check forecast for my area, was just going to cover roof to keep it dry if rain comes.

Will one layer of 450g matt be ok ?

yes m8 1 layer of matting and then the topcoat fleece and flowcoat

Whats the topcoat fleece ? I that the finer matting that goes over the thicker matting ?

So basically 3 steps. Matting, fleece, topcoat.

Whats the topcoat fleece ? I that the finer matting that goes over the thicker matting ?

So basically 3 steps. Matting, fleece, topcoat.

yes its finer matting

do the job in strips m8, dont try to do the roof in 1 go

brush or roll on the resin/lay your 1st piece of 450g mat and enbed the matting into the resin with a stiff brush, use more resin on the brush where needed.....do this on each section till all the roofs covered

add the topcoat when the bottom coat has dried

brush or roll on the grey topcoat/lay your 1st piece of finer matting and enbed into the topcoat, add more topcoat where needed

Yep, roof all done and all inside roughed/plastered. Still finishing off the power/spots/alarm.

Was surprised how easy the roof was, had to be quick though. The only problem is that it holds water as i did not put enough slope on it, still water proof though.

Will get some pics up shortly, been digging for foundation for new back wall.

:Clap:

Yep, roof all done and all inside roughed/plastered. Still finishing off the power/spots/alarm.

Was surprised how easy the roof was, had to be quick though. The only problem is that it holds water as i did not put enough slope on it, still water proof though.

the roof should last for years in its present state m8.....very easy to repair if it does spring a leak

Job well done m8.

I'd get the roof sorted as soon as poss' before the winter sets in.

We don't have the weather for flat roofs in this country, a good few feet of snow will put a hella lotta weight on the structure.

Back