Building a new PC, What CPU????

is the price correct on that ram.??? id check first as its £200+ every where else

Lol yup i realised after i had bought them, that they are an absolute bargain for the timings and and speed the ram is running at.:Clap:

Hopefully the ram will arrive at that price.

Just thought I'd post a little update as to what's going on with the build.

Decided to go for the i7 920. Ordered it from ebay last week for £227 all in.

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 iX58 i7 Socket 1366 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard - Ebuyer

GFx - ASUS HD 4850 512MB DDR3 Dual DVI HDCP HDTV out PCI-E Graphics Card - Ebuyer

Ram - OCZ 6GB PC3-12800 Gold Low-Voltage Triple Channel (3x2GB)

and PSU and case are yet to be decided.

Most of the components should be here in the next couple of days.

Just like to say a big thanks to all that helped and provided info. :Cheers:

Hi all, Looking to build a new PC as my current one is absolutely knackered (had it going on 3 years).

Looking to spend around £400 - £450.

I'm kinda stuck on which processor to choose and whether to go for a high end Dual Core or a relative lower end Quad Core. And of course the old problem of AMD or Intel?

I've been looking at these to processors at the moment and just thought if i could get some help from some of the more knowledgeable folk here on DW.

AMD Phenom™ 9950 Black Edition, Socket AM2+, 2.6GHz, 4MB Cache, 125W, Retail

AMD Phenom II X4 920, Deneb Core, S AM2+, 2.8GHz, 8MB Total Cache, FSB/HT 2000MHz, 125W, Retail

Those are the 2 im considering but are they any others out there in similar price range offering more bang for my buck?

Thanks in advance for any replys.

if your looking for a quad processor dont go for the phenom . go for the intel it's superior faster

Back