BUG: Error occurs during the error reporting

F1Mad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Obviously the IQ Team tried to build in some kind of friendly error when a caught exception occurs, but it doesn't actually do what it says:

IMG_0028.JPG

Nothing seems to be copied in the /hdd directory (or any of it's sub directories, for that matter!), so one can't exactly email their support team about it!

this looks like a skin issue caused by a missing graphics file being called by cccamswitcher

this looks like a skin issue caused by a missing graphics file being called by cccamswitcher

What triggered the error is trying to do a CCCam.cfg switch (eg from CCcam_1.cfg to CCcam_2.cfg) without there actually being a CCcam.cfg file there. It seems that what the switching functionality does is copy whichever CCcam config file you selected to the location /etc/CCcam.cfg. If no file already exists there, then BANG - you get the error mentioned here. So I don't think it's a skin issue. Incidentally, there a couple more bugs I could report on CCcam switching, but I'll do that in another post.

This post is solely because the error reporting isn't doing what it says it should do (ie create a log at /hdd/ that can then be emailed to the support team).

look in home/root/logs and see if the crash logs are saved there i would assume so as it's the default location we use in ViX and seeing as this image is based on ViX it would be my first place to look. you could also look into the logs manager of the image ( assuming that IQ have not removed it as i dont have a TM to check ). from there you can change the default location to save the debug and crash logs.

also look to see if you can send the logs to the team directly via the logs manager as thats another feature we have in ViX again assuming IQ have not removed it.

look in home/root/logs and see if the crash logs are saved there i would assume so as it's the default location we use in ViX and seeing as this image is based on ViX it would be my first place to look. you could also look into the logs manager of the image ( assuming that IQ have not removed it as i dont have a TM to check ). from there you can change the default location to save the debug and crash logs.

also look to see if you can send the logs to the team directly via the logs manager as thats another feature we have in ViX again assuming IQ have not removed it.

Phoenix, that's very much for these pointers!

If I go to "Main Menu > Setup > System > Logs > Settings...", the default location is "/home/root/", although nothing seems to be logged there. Anyway, I enabled "create more detailed crasg log" and "enable debug log". Not that I can see it creating anything!

The Logs Manager is at "Main Menu > Setup > System > Logs > Logs Manager", not as there are no log files showing up, I can't test Sending a log.

It's not based on VIX it's a pli image with the drivers etc added to the rootfs.
Hard to base it on VIX when the openvix is such a pain to compile.
I will check later if I can cause a crash and see where the files are located.
I'm doing 7 till 7 this week so not sure when I will get the time but will try tonight.

I think you will find the IQ image is indeed based on ViX as it was built from the OpenViX git hence why its running the ViX Night HD skin and has the black crash screen.

guess i'll just prepare my self for a ban once more as thats what happened the last time i disagreed with you.

@ Ellie and Pheonix, you are both right. Disagreements are fine so long as we are courteous, respectful and can give reasons to give a fuller picture! There's more than one way to skin a cat.

At the time of OP's issue, the PLI image had not been released. Ellie is using the PLI image.
The IQ image does not create a crashlog on the latest images. It did in January but not at the moment. I am not sure if the lack of reporting has been caused by disabling/removing stuff from the Vix team. I shall post a copy of enigma2.sh which has the settings for crashlogs for your investigation.

Attachments

• enigma2.rar
    880 bytes · Views: 3
At the time of OP's issue, the PLI image had not been released. Ellie is using the PLI image.

OK, I'm REALLY confused now. I saw the other thread about a PLI image, but being new to all this Linux Satbox stuff, I'm not sure what it meant (and there were quite a few buzzwords in that thread that went completely over my head!). I'm guessing, from what you've just said, that the PLI image is another image to run on the Twin (instead of the iQ one).

So, are we to assume that Technomate are no longer supporting the original iQ-based images? Are we to all use the PLI ones? What is going on?

With regards to the rar file you posted, what are we to use this for? It seems like a shell script of some sort for h90w enigma should handle various error codes?

Never make assumptions! Especially when it comes to IQ.

To the best of my knowledge, the openvix based images are not abandoned and are being improved. I can honestly say that there has been progress and long may it last.

There are different types of images for receivers. It may be an idea for everyone to post what image is being used.

Image teams support images, not manufacturers. Manufacturers must however have a working image to which they support their hardware.

Things in the TM room change course very easily. So let us stay on the subject matter in the title which may need renaming to prevent confusion with the DW image.

The rar file is for the knowledgeable people to see where the error reporting bug may lie on IQ images. It is not for you or I.

Technomate images are based on OpenVix with a bit of IQ customization,
Digitalworldz images are based on OpenPli,

and I'm not sure if the Vix team themselves have released an image for the Twin yet,but if they have it will be based solely on Open Vix

And I'm almost sure someone will correct me :)

The rar file is for the knowledgeable people to see where the error reporting bug may lie on IQ images. It is not for you or I.

As I programmer, I'll try and not take offense to that comment! :)

To be honest, if I wasn't a techie of any kind, I would have given up on the Twin as a "consumer" product a long time ago, and simply returned it and gone over to the "dark side". And I'm sure there are plenty of other people out there that simply don't have the time to help TM resolve these issues, and just want something to work!

Anyway, that's why I'm still bothering to:
a) Try and resolve all the issues I have with the Twin
b) Logging those issues here, so that whatever team is working on this stuff can see (and helpfully resolve!)
c) Learning more and more about this world of Linux Sat receivers, so that I can better understand how things work

To be honest, if I wasn't a techie of any kind, I would have given up on the Twin as a "consumer" product a long time ago, and simply returned it and gone over to the "dark side".

A long time ago? How long have you had it then?

well we was promised for months to hold on for the next release and all will be fixed with TM800 images
been nearly 2 years lol
what Im trying to say is dont hold ya breath with TM promises

I think you will find the IQ image is indeed based on ViX as it was built from the OpenViX git hence why its running the ViX Night HD skin and has the black crash screen.
My bad I didn't look to closely at the screen dump.
guess i'll just prepare my self for a ban once more as thats what happened the last time i disagreed with you.
[/quote]
tut tut misrepresenting the truth I gave you a 75 point infraction it takes 85 points to get a 1 day ban.
According to the logs you have not been banned only infracted
to quote your signature
If me telling you the truth is the worst thing that happened in your day, be thankful
You don't always tell the truth sometimes you stretch it a bit.
an infraction is not a ban it's a tap on the wrist.

You don't always tell the truth sometimes you stretch it a bit.
an infraction is not a ban it's a tap on the wrist.

Total load of bollocks even when your absolutely and totally wrong you can never admit to it, and i can assure you i was indeed banned hence why i stayed away from this forum for so long due to petty small minded staff and yes i mean you. you single handily give this forum the reputation of one that slags members off for disagreeing with them and when they try to engage in like minded conversation you tend to ban them. but no matter i'm done here.

You have never received a ban from me directly or via the infraction system.
I don't know why your so blatantly lying.
I have a screendump of your infractions and when you were banned and it was sfa to do with me.
Your not stretching the truth your snapping it and throwing it away.

I have emailed you the screendump but I don't think your man enough to apologise.

Sorry to the op for going of the subject so much, keyboard warriors always get to me.

Last edited:
Can we hold fire here for a while. Once my daughter gets off the PC, I can post something to resolve things.

Back