iPhone Semi-Restore For iOS 5.0-6.1.2 RELEASED **UPDATE2**

biffo1

Staff member
Reaction score
MAC & PC

67yOh0h.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Compatible with all jailbroken iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini models running iOS 5.0 through 6.1.2.

Requirements

5-10 minutes of your time!
A computer running Windows or Mac OS X

Important! Read this
SemiRestore supports Windows XP SP3 or higher, OS X 10.6 or higher, and Ubuntu 12.10 or higher (or the equivalent Linux).
There may be a better way to fix your current problem. For example, to fix "Safe Mode" issues, you can just uninstall Mobile Substrate from Cydia.
Like any other restore, make sure you backup your data if you want it later.
Avoid using your iOS device or anything related to iTunes or XCode during the Semi-Restore. Why not actually go outside?
This process can not and does not repair broken system files! Avoid all Siri Ports, as they are not only illegal (except for Spire on 5.0.1) but they also create problems and may potentially break system files (even Spire can cause this).
Your device will respring or reboot several times during the Semi-Restore. This is perfectly normal, so don't panic.

FAQ
Can I use this to go from firmware x to firmware y?
No, this only allows you to go to a fresh version of your current firmware.
Do I need SHSH blobs or APTickets for this semi-restore?
No, since this is not a full restore and is at the userland level, this doesn't require blobs.
I have a question regarding the jailbreak process or jailbreaking in general.
Please go to the Jailbreak QA dedicated website or try /r/jailbreak on Reddit.

Changelog:
1.0.1 with the emergency fix for users who had afc2add installed.

1.0.2 a fix for a splash screen issue 1-2 people were reporting after a failed SemiRestore.

1.0.3 for Windows to fix a minor bug and make it more user friendly by changing assert. failures to error msgs.

files need attached for windows and mac,​

Attachments

• SemiRestore Windows 1.0.3.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 60
  • SemiRestore OS X 1.0.2.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a problem with windows version... not available

use the 1 in the zip works ive just downloaded it . if your on windows vista/7 or 8 right click the exe file /properties/compatability/and choose to run in windows xp mode and it works

Can anyone confirm that the OSX link works? I attempted to download this on an older XP machine I had and would not work.

merciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Back