• YES please!!

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • No, Thanks!

Votes: 13 61.9%

• Total voters

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
Personally I really like it, it's almost an alcopop with it's sweet vanilla flavour. ;)

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kuKZWkgo098"]YouTube - Early 90's TV clip about Buckfast[/ame]

But it is heavily laden with Caffeine which keeps me awake at night, so I tend not to drink it any more :(

At almost £5.50 a bottle it's hardly a cheap wine - considering a supermarket will sell you a bottle of wine for £1.99.

I find it an aquired taste ;)

Strangely though, I grew up about 20 mins from the place they make it in England.

i think its feckin stinking!!

the smell put me off so i aint ever tasted it lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Lol It's all my brother-in-law drinks..we all call him a jakey, but he's a very successfull businessman he fooking loves the stuff, like you say it's not exactly the cheapest plonk.

:Cheers:

Just as an aside, I have been living in Scotland since september 2001 now - but I have no idea what a jakey is?

hold my hands up
ive drank it in the past,the kirkshaws in coatbrig lol
thats why all celt** fans are not right in the head pmsl

Witchy i'ts £6.69 a bottle over my way matey and i'm the same as you i had to stop drinking it as i would be lying awake @ night grinding my teeth and desperate to get to sleep lol, years ago i went to Buckfast Abbey and the tour was fantastic but it's not for me anymore i'm afraid and in the old days when you used to get the toenails in the bottom of the bottle.

Do you remember Eldorado and Sanatogen wine aswell oh that takes me back.

Just as an aside, I have been living in Scotland since september 2001 now - but I have no idea what a jakey is?

Generally a person who gets pished everyday...you must have heard the saying, see that jakey jambo barsteward lol.

cheers

Generally a person who gets pished everyday...you must have heard the saying, see that jakey jambo barsteward lol.

cheers
Oh yeah, heard people comment about jakeys before - just never knew what it meant.

When I asked before, I was normally told it was an Edinburgh thing!

@ Karym...

Jakey = Alcoholic.

@Disco...

Shake the bottle as you drink it to mix the toenails mate, it speads the bitterness much more evenly ;)

I've never tasted the stuff. (there wasn't an option for this in the poll lol)
TBH I've seen you lot post about it and wondered what it was lol.

Love the video lol
Is it from the Glasgow tourist boards website???
It looks a lovely day out, especially on old firm match day I imagine lol

Curly

Can't stand the stuff, got dragged to buckfast abbey when was on holiday down there tried some, not for me.

Back