buckfast tonic wine

defo a tase u require it was like maple syrup when i tryed it
alot of people drink when i used to work in a shop some buisness men came in for a half bottle and a bottle of ld

Not the best tasting but it gives a good kick cause of all the caffeine in it. My mate has a bottle tattoed around his leg with "buckfast is magic" scrolled round it.

it tastes disgusting or as other peeps have said its an acquired taste :puke:

a sip was enough for me so im never likely to acquire the taste, but half a bottle was enough to get my darling lil daughter drunk for the first time when she was 15 : shocked2

Hahahaha, this thread just reminded me about a very funny article in the times a few years ago. Infact, it might well be archived on their website. Ill have a look and post back.

edcase

EDIT: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/article534584.ece

Its an article from 2005 (god knows how I remembered this) entitled "The Abbey habit: how monks created drunks"

Its well worth a read. lololol.

edcase

Last edited:
hahahahaha

"Everybody drinks Buckie and they’re trying to take it away just because a few people go mental. It’s no’ fair."

i stay in north lanarkshire. the neds here drink it by the gallon. pubs have it in optics. the local econimy is flourishing because of it... and wait for it. THE COUNCIL WANT IT BANNED!!!!!!

Helen liddel even spoke about it in parliament. the monks must have coined it in that week. it was on the front cover of every newspaper.

keep it coming, does wonders for my regrowth of plooks. (acne to the southerners)

almost forgot, in the summer it is served from the fridge in most offies.

Back