BT vison box chipped?

hedgehog

Inactive User
Reaction score
Been looking on fleebay and came across a bt vision box chipped to recieve all sky channels
item number 270240033999
Can this be right?

must be a pisstake surely they seller is new and has no feedback?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I have bt vision - it doesnt get any sky channels at all from the service BT offers.

From what I can see, everything is identifed by your phone number

there is no sky on vision it is all VOD via phoneline apart from the freeview aspect whic comes om an aerial as is the norm.

BTW I think Vision is an excllent piece of kit and vey cheap for thos of us whom don't wish to be tied into a contract or don't have multisat to receive so I believe numeous channels using various educaional help files lol

hi
i seen this on another forum some one had uploaded the boot loader for this box and they were looking for a c+ programer to do some magic so box may be hacked but not sure what it would be capable of.
cheers johny48

just had a look on fleebay this may be a cheep alternative for pvr less than £40 for 160gb hard drive and
This has a HDMI socket which will upscale a free view signal to near HD quality.

cheers johny48

Yeah i noticed the box on ebay.. looks like a complete scam.

Yes there is a modchip for the bt box (its a modified version of the german x300 modchip) with patches for our box (I created it).

It gives the ability to run unsigned code.. not get free channels.

The box runs windows CE, and the main application is written in C# (not C+).

It means we can re-write the application to make a HD mediacentre or even turn the box into a freeview PVR with internet or anything else you would like to add to it.

Just need some C# programmers who know their $#!t. Any offers?

Mick

More info for those wanting to hack the BT vision box:
The current version (v1) is a rebranded Philips DIT9719. And runs a customised version of Microsoft MediaRoom through Windows CE which is installed on an EPROM. For those wanting to find an unmolested version of the OS/software, BT appear to have bought the exclusive UK rights to the DIT9719, and I've yet to see one available from non-UK sources (even searching the French and German versions of google pulls up the same results).

Version 2 will be made by Motorola. Its supposedly due out sometime 2009, conicidentally (?) this is when HD freeview is due to start rolling out.

hmm

i have tiscali tv that comes through the phone line.
i wonder if it would be possable to mod these boxes, i know feck all about this kind of stuff.

And runs a customised version of Microsoft MediaRoom through Windows CE which is installed on an EPROM.

It's actually stored on the HDD, only the bootloader is in Eprom. (whch is encrypted and signed).
BUT it is decompressed to ram before execution, and the box can be jtagged at this point and the ram changed to get rid of the signature checks, then code execution can continue.

The WindowsCE is NK.BIN which contains various driver files etc and TV2Client.exe (the main app) which is written in C#.

explosivo said:
i wonder if it would be possable to mod these boxes, i know feck all about this kind of stuff.

Yes, been working on it for the last few weeks..... Made a little progress like dumping the bootloader, hacking it to run usigned code, and creating a modchip.....

Just need someone to help recompile the main app now.. C# programmers?

The hacking site for the german box (which most of my stuff is based on is www.t-hack.com ).

Mick

Last edited:
isnt one of the strengths of iptv the fact that authentication doesnt take place at the host end - but on the server end?

Even if the box is chipped/cracked whatever - how would you fool BT into thinking you are a paying customer? You would need to spoof an entire phoneline

It's actually stored on the HDD, only the bootloader is in Eprom. (whch is encrypted and signed).
BUT it is decompressed to ram before execution, and the box can be jtagged at this point and the ram changed to get rid of the signature checks, then code execution can continue.

The WindowsCE is NK.BIN which contains various driver files etc and TV2Client.exe (the main app) which is written in C#.
You're right, shows what why people get confused when others pass their assumptions off as fact.

This assumpumtion possibly came from those who've upgraded their hard drives, as this should only be done with unformated/unpartitioned drives. However, a quick check of the vision support forums says its just the firmware (stored on the EPROM) that initiates a format and partition of the new drive and commences a download of the "OS and vision cilent" from BT.

Yes, been working on it for the last few weeks..... Made a little progress like dumping the bootloader, hacking it to run usigned code, and creating a modchip.....

Just need someone to help recompile the main app now.. C# programmers?

The hacking site for the german box (which most of my stuff is based on is www.t-hack.com ).

Mick
There are a few programmers here, but I'm not aware of anyone that does C#. Try the PC section.

isnt one of the strengths of iptv the fact that authentication doesnt take place at the host end - but on the server end?

Even if the box is chipped/cracked whatever - how would you fool BT into thinking you are a paying customer? You would need to spoof an entire phoneline

You are correct!, if your intentions are to defraud BT that is, but that's not my intention....

Also it would be a bit silly as it would be easily tracable to IP or if BT only allows connections from its own network (ADSL) then it would be tracable to phone line :)

These boxes are cheap as chips for a freeview PVR with HD (HDMI output).

They would make a nice mediacentre too, and there are plenty of other places to get content from (other than BT) which is more along the lines I'm thinking...

Mick

hi mick
are you having any luck with this i bought a box of fleebay and hopefully get it tommorow so if you need any testing or such give me a shout im off on holiday for 2 weeks on tuesday though.
cheers johny48

Kind of stuck atm.. need a c# expert to help get the main app into a recompilable state...

Mick

when you say recompilable state, does this just mean you have code that wont compile?

What are you developing in, editorwise?

visual studio 2005 pro
But when the main app decompiled, it has things like
if (<PrivateImplementationDetails>{ED6CC795-8116-4FB0-BF80-A96FF477E62E}.$$method0x60003b5-1.TryGetValue(key, out num))

and

internal static Dictionary<string, int> $$method0x6000986-1;
internal static Dictionary<string, int> $$method0x6000c42-1;
internal static __StaticArrayInitTypeSize=12 $$method0x6000ca3-1; // data size: 12 bytes
internal static __StaticArrayInitTypeSize=12 $$method0x6000ca3-2; // data size: 12 bytes

which visual studio doesnt like.

also there are lots of other weirdos too....

Mick

what did you use to decompile it?

Are these errors at all? To me, they look like missing references.

i used reflector, but spices.net gives similar results.. i'll see if i can find the exe on the net if you want to have a look :)

Mick

Back