BT Sport/Lite check your contract.

kegnkiwi

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I urge any one who is a bt infinity customer who had the free bt sports last year until they tried to start charging for it and downgraded to the lite package to check you contract because BT may have started you on another 12 month contract without you knowing.

I used the online chat today with bt as I am within one month of my contract coming to an end. I was suprised that the online chat told me that my phone finishes in 30 days but by broadband ends in June. I asked how this was as she told me when I downgraded to stop them charging me for bt sport they started a new 12 month contract. I argued with them and told them it was unfair and that they had no right to start me a new contract. They called me appologised and sorted the issue out and wanted me to stop with them, but I've enough and leaving if I can find the right deal.

No Surprise to me it was clearly stated in all the emails customers got that even if you downgraded to the BT Sport Lite package you sign into the broadband for another 12 months

Well i never saw that, and they offered bt sport as part of the original deal they then broke their own contract to try and start charging people. They gave all those who did not want it the chance to leave the contract because they changed the terms. To extend the contract by simply telling them you did not want to pay for there services is completly wrong.

If you had taken the option of No BT sport what so ever you would have been on a rolling 30 day contract as i was offered when i asked, when a large company offers you something for 'FREE' there is certainly a catch somewhere

Back