BT broadband price increase

Joe Noodles

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Only just signed up with them in January paying £29.99 a month for 50mb and landline for 18 months
just had email saying that in September the prices are going up to from £29.99 to £32.49
but if i renew for 18 months the price will stay at £29.99 for 18 months :rolleyes:
why not leave me at £29.99 for last 12 months the feckers :oops:
I know its not a lot of a difference but its not what we agreed too
will i able to cancel my contract without paying a penalty fee?
as i might look for another deal else where
I did get £80 Quidco cash back and £125 master card, the cash is paid and in my bank, the card i only have spent £25 from the £125 will they stop that or should i spend it before i might cancel my contract or is this safe? ;)
or just suck it up and take another 18 month contact with them?

BT.png

Price after 18 months is £52.49 so to renew with another 18 months at the cheap price seems a no brainer.
What's the problem? o_O

BT Sport also rising an extra £2.00 per month just the norm these days you could try giving 30 days notice to cancel as not happy with price increase they may or may not agree

Price after 18 months is £52.49 so to renew with another 18 months at the cheap price seems a no brainer.
What's the problem? o_O
I might just do that as by time its up it will be around Christmas time when you see a lot of other good deals floating about with cash back ;)

My parents been paying £36 for unlimited telephone only for last 4 years so cancelled BT altogether. They said they can offer weekend only for £18.99 I told em no thanks switch phone line to virgin for an extra £7 a month on the broadband.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Same as my sister has 200mb/telephone/basic tv for £26 on vermin...o_O

The telecoms giant has released a statement on its website saying some prices for broadband, BT Sport and calls will be hiked on 7 January 2018, and is writing to its 10 million customers who'll be affected in one way or another over the coming weeks.
It has confirmed that affected customers will be able to leave their contract penalty-free.

I'd have said that leaving without penalty would still apply even this was mentioned in january?

Back