Sensible Topic BT Broadband prices going up.

shaun127

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We Don't Do Walking Away. I would rather die with
BT has warned it's hiking some broadband prices by up to £30 a year in January, and that some BT Sport customers will have to pay up to £36 extra a year.
The telecoms giant has released a statement on its website saying some prices for broadband, BT Sport and calls will be hiked on 7 January 2018, and is writing to its 10 million customers who'll be affected in one way or another over the coming weeks.
It has confirmed that affected customers will be able to leave their contract penalty-free.
The announcement signals BT's fourth major price hike in almost three years. BT has, however, frozen the cost of line rental, BT TV and its BT Basic package.
How prices are changing?
Here's how prices are increasing from 7 January for those not on introductory or promotional deals:
  • Standard broadband – will increase by £2/mth.
  • Fibre broadband – will increase by £2.50/mth.
  • BT Sport via BT TV – will remain at £3.50/mth.
  • BT Sport via app – will increase by £2/mth.
  • BT Sport via Sky TV (for those with BT broadband) – will increase by £2.50/mth.
  • BT Sport via Sky TV (for those without BT broadband) – will increase by £3/mth.
  • BT Sport HD bolt on – will increase by £1.50/mth.
BT is also hiking the cost of calls and call features from 7 January:
  • Unlimited anytime landline calls package – rising from £8.99/mth to £9.50/mth.
  • Unlimited evening and weekend calls package – rising from £3.80/mth to £4/mth.
  • Landline call costs – calls to other landlines (including 0870 and 0845 numbers) will increase from 12p/min to 13p/min. The call set-up fee is rising from 21p/call to 22p/call.
  • Mobile call costs – calls to mobiles will increase from 16p/min to 17p/min. If you have anytime calls they'll increase from 8p/min to 8.5p/min.
  • One calling feature – will rise from £4.50/mth to £5/mth.
  • Two to Four calling features – will rise from £8.75/mth to £9.25/mth.
  • Five or more calling features – will rise from £11.75/mth to £12.25/mth.
  • 1571 – will increase from £2.50/mth to £3/mth.
  • Paper bill charge – will increase from £2/mth to £2.50/mth.
  • BT to hike prices in January - here's how to fight back

I'm sure Virmin won't be far behind with there price hikes! Absolute c**ts!

Think BT and Virgin take the piss more price hikes than any other service as they have us by the balls in this digital world.

we all suffer due the the elite premier league cost of the pampered no end to it these days

Ofcom has ruled consumers can leave if a price goes up in the middle of your contract.

I use talktalk, £32 for unlimited calls, line rental and unlimited 35mb fibre...

I`m on vermin just gone from 50mb to 100mb free upgrade for everyone, doing it by post codes so far
£18 then will go up to £27 interweb only.

I pay around around £50 for my bt package which included bt tv and 75gig download speed which I was getting at my old house but just recently realise in my new house I'm only getting 38 gig download speed so I'll be ringing them for a new price this week. Will post if I get a good deal out of them

Back