British actress Lynda Bellingham has died after battling with colon cancer

roachieuk

Elite Member
Reaction score
Actress and presenter Lynda Bellingham died yesterday in her husband Michael's arms, her agent has said.

The 66-year-old star, best known for her long-running role as a mother in the Oxo TV adverts, had been battling colon cancer, which later spread to her lungs and liver, since being diagnosed in July last year.

The actress said she decided to end her treatment on August 13 to limit the amount of suffering her family would witness.

In a statement on behalf of Bellingham's family, her agent, Sue Latimer, said: "Lynda died peacefully in her husband's arms yesterday at a London hospital.

"Her family would like to thank the nurses and staff for their tremendous care and support.

"Actor, writer and presenter - to the end Lynda was a consummate professional."

Actress Lynda Bellingham dies

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actress Lynda Bellingham dies aged 66

British actress and presenter Lynda Bellingham, who had cancer, has died aged 66, her agent has confirmed.
BBC News - Actress Lynda Bellingham dies aged 66
R.I.P Linda Bellingham So sorry you didn't make it for one last Christmas like you wanted to. :rip:
Sorry @roachieuk double post on my part could a Mod/Admin combine the two posts. thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember the thread "Women you fancy but shouldn't"?

Top of my list, but knowing about her condition, and how she responded, it just didn't seem fitting.
Many things, but always the Oxo Mum to me. RIP Lynda:rip:

what a shame guys she was a canny lass R.I.P Linda Bellingham

Remember the thread "Women you fancy but shouldn't"?

Top of my list, but knowing about her condition, and how she responded, it just didn't seem fitting.
Many things, but always the Oxo Mum to me. RIP Lynda:rip:

And Herriot's Missus obviously? Very brave lady IMHO, RIP Linda.

Back