iPhone Bricked iPhone 3G?

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
I had bought my father an iphone 3g and it was fine until he took it on Holiday.
Since he arrived at hes holiday destination point and switched it on, theres just a white screen.

Any ideas if he can resolve this issue while hes there or does he need to try synching it to a PC?

what was the phone never turnt on prior to him reaching his holiday destination.

If it like that out the box after activating or that and no unlocking software etc been used just take it back to shop.

He had the phone for 2-3weeks and was fine.
He said when he was about to take off he tried to switch it off and thats when the white screen occured.

Hes bought a basic phone now to use while hes there.

if your dads phone is not jailbroken i.e. unlocked take it back to apple store even if got the phone from car phone warehouse they should repair or replace the phone.

It could well be a screen fault or an error

Is there only a white screen or i there an icon too?

I would say follow he apple troubleshooting guide if not get in touch with apple or o2!

No need to worry as apple will sort it!!

Does sound like a fault, has he tried to reset it by pressing and holding power + home keys?

Battery Drained when he got back and upon connecting charger, phone now working? :s

Well it wasn't silly as clearly there was an issue but it took the battery to drain completly and then a fresh charge for it to get up and running again lol

Back