bricked 250/255 possible solution soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrdigital

i have been comunicateing with ambit microsystems in the us for the last day now and i have now got a reply back asking if i am connecting via usb or ethernet i have replied to them and also told them that i have a max232 my original story is i am from america and have been playing with my paid modem in the hope to do some updates but instead totally bricked my modem as i deleted a sector in the flash hopefully these guys will reply soon with a sloution i am not promiseing anything guys but maybe there is a way of reseting something on the modem so that it is possible to connect to the modem again and then imput the sectors of flash back into modem via a max 232 i will update this post as soon as i have had a reply hopefully a good one many thanks mr d

i have been comunicateing with ambit microsystems in the us for the last day now and i have now got a reply back asking if i am connecting via usb or ethernet i have replied to them and also told them that i have a max232 my original story is i am from america and have been playing with my paid modem in the hope to do some updates but instead totally bricked my modem as i deleted a sector in the flash hopefully these guys will reply soon with a sloution i am not promiseing anything guys but maybe there is a way of reseting something on the modem so that it is possible to connect to the modem again and then imput the sectors of flash back into modem via a max 232 i will update this post as soon as i have had a reply hopefully a good one many thanks mr d

:emotions1 Brilliant idea!

Yea well done m8
sounds like they may help with info. but I bet they know the cover story is just that and can see the funny side.

Dont know i used a proxy server when i accesed there site so i look like i am in mexico lol so hopefully they will treat me better i have emailed them before about purchaseing modems but never get any reply they do wireless routers and 4 port routers with docsis 2.0 on aswell so it would be good if you could purchase direct from them but they dont wanna seem to do it perhaps the next step to possibly purchase them would be direct from a cable provider out in the us but will look into that very shortly heres a few thumnails of the other products they do would be good if you could get hold of them for purchase

Dont know i used a proxy server when i accesed there site so i look like i am in mexico lol so hopefully they will treat me better i have emailed them before about purchaseing modems but never get any reply they do wireless routers and 4 port routers with docsis 2.0 on aswell so it would be good if you could purchase direct from them but they dont wanna seem to do it perhaps the next step to possibly purchase them would be direct from a cable provider out in the us but will look into that very shortly heres a few thumnails of the other products they do would be good if you could get hold of them for purchase

yes iv looked

the modem on the left is the 250,255 its the same modem vm use
http://www.ambitbroadband.com/NA/data.html

Last edited:

Good idea gringo lol
Maybe they will give you details of their approved suppliers if they won't let you buy from them direct ??

Curly

communication is poor with ambit they are insisiting they do not want to give info out on the internal motherboards ill just keep emailing em till i get an answer i have also tried usb on bricked modems and they are also unavailable as wont even detect the modem being plugged in i also tried linking off the max to another plug and conecting 2 modems via the max together however this would not let me communicate with the modem unless i took one 1 wire off and then its still imposible what i can see has anyone got any ideas how to bridge the 2 together and possibly reflash the software by forceing the slave modem to accept data aswell

update ambit is rufuseing to give info however i will not give up till i get what i want and also i am in the process of contacting american cable suppliers to try and get support hopefully i will get somewhere hope to have update soon on this matter

tbh, I'll be suprised if you get support for this kind of thing. These guys aren't thick and will probably know exactly what you've been doing !

They are more likely to sell you a new modem than disclose confidential details regarding the hardware/software or they may suggest you send it back for repair.

Anyway, we already have a solution - take the chip of and re-program it. If the bootloader is corrupted then you wont be getting any console from the thing as it wont be able to boot. Your only other hope would be jtag, which doesn't appear to be brought out !

Last edited:
it seems ambit knows of a way but has told me they are unable to give me the information as i am not a cable company and they only deal with cable companys direct he said to me it is possible to resolve it however we are not permitted to give you information of how to do so we need to get someone from ambit on the forum to help us thats the only simple way i can see at moment apart from if it could be possible to extract a working chip from a modem and possibly if you could get it right hold that ontop of the dead one and possibly trick the modem into reflashing the pair together with a max is it possible has anyone got a bricked modem and a good chip that they could try this as if the modem was to read the good chip then you could possibly resolve the problem sorry for the disapointment was worth a try with ambit

Dont mean to be rude but I think your wasting your time, I wouldnt post here what your doing either, I wouldnt be suprised if VM staff are accessing this site and communicating with Ambit on results of theyre latest ECM, Im sure it was probably even Ambit which gave them the method to brick the modems.

I wont even go into why its not worth contacting DOCSIS should be obvious though.

Dont mean to be rude but I think your wasting your time, I wouldnt post here what your doing either, I wouldnt be suprised if VM staff are accessing this site and communicating with Ambit on results of theyre latest ECM, Im sure it was probably even Ambit which gave them the method to brick the modems.
I wont even go into why its not worth contacting DOCSIS should be obvious though.
tbo m8 if anyone thinks that vm or any other company that loses money though hacking are not on forums like this then they are either dumb or thick
regards

i never mentioned that atall there prob are virmin mincers on here and i hope they are reading my everypost coz i do not care and as for the ambit and stuff im not stupid i have been using a proxy and they also told me if i was to contact any cable company that deals with the ambits they could possibly help good luck to virmin i hate em and will always hate em if they got there billing methods right i might have been paying for my 20mb still but with no bill for 4 months and then a bill for 160 plus my fone bill i refused to pay it as not my problem so if they sorted there priorites first and also lowered there prices a little then they would possibly keep more customers so i am hoping they are reading this coz you are window licking fools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back