boxnation on dm500

can anyone confirm with this oscam if it autoupdates entitlements as i now dont see any entitlements in cccam, im assuming this is because oscam has control of the card now, so what do i need to do to set them so there on, or is it already done...

and if someone can confirm bigups question that would also be great as my cccam ecm times have went up abit since changing over to this image!

another question guys, i used to use the webif then goto the webif remote to restart cccam every now and again, whats the best way to reset both oscam and cccam so they connect straight back up upon the restart, can i just reset oscam from its webif, and that will reset cccam too, or will cccam just take over the card till i reset that too, thanks for all the help so far guys and the good advice!

Card will be updated using nline.

Regarding restarting, is telneting into box and rebooting an option?

Card will be updated using nline.

Regarding restarting, is telneting into box and rebooting an option?
thanks bud, where do i look to see if iv received any emms, cant see it at a glance.

EDIT:, never mind about the emms i found it in reader!

telnetting in could be an option but is there any other ways, i mean could i maybe restart cccam 1st from the webif remote, then restart oscam after again from webif!

Last edited:
I think because you have two cams running you will really need to reboot the box so that they restart in the correct order :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

BIG

in oscam.server put an entry in under [global] called:

logfile = /tmp/oscam.log

this will create the log file on your dm500 (c or s) in the tmp folder, its size restricted i think so will delete its content and keep rewriting

then when you go into oscam webif, under files, then logfile, you can see what is happening

from searching on forums there are 2 ecms times here

1) ECM time for oscam to send info to cccam (which will show on oscam webif in ms)
2) ECM time for CCcam to send to clients (like before)

i found that removing both mhz and cardmhz entries iin oscam.server gave me the fastest cccam ecm times, although still hovering about 0.1000s to 0.1100s, i had it down to 0.0890s in cccam only server with a bit of overclocking.

also, when i made these changes i just restarted oscam in its webif and this made the change instant in cccam.

ive still yet to receive an EMM, but this normally arrives around your billing date so wil keep an eye on it

im still learning lol if anyone has any tips to optimise please let us know

BIG

in oscam.server put an entry in under [global] called:

logfile = /tmp/oscam.log

this will create the log file on your dm500 (c or s) in the tmp folder, its size restricted i think so will delete its content and keep rewriting

then when you go into oscam webif, under files, then logfile, you can see what is happening
how do i add this mate, do i go into var/tuxbox then edit the oscam.server file and just add that line at the bottom, or is it done via the webif, im a little lost as you mention in global, but i cant see anything like that!

Yes edit the oscam.server file,you will see the [global] heading in there,just add the bit under that heading :)

EDIT:Actually I think it should be in oscam.conf

Last edited:
hmm when im ftp'in to var/tuxbox/config then edit oscam.server all i see is this

[reader]
label = cardslot
enable = 1
protocol = internal
device = /dev/sci0
caid = 0963
detect = cd
mhz = 500
cardmhz = 357
ident = 0963:000000
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,2
blockemm-g = 1
blockemm-unknown = 1
lb_weight = 101

i must be going to the wrong place or something!

sorry guys, was doing this from memory!

theres also a ecmwhitelist entry you put in, i think that was is in oscam.server

iil post up exactly what i did after work

edit, google found this:

Oscam - Protect your sly uk card
An interesting new feature available in oscam post build 5137 is "ecm whitelist"

Let me explain :-

Theories suggest that those who have had there cards turned off by sly for c/s was due to a special ecm request to the card from an infiltrated network.

In simple terms - a user requests a special ecm which only sly/n$s know which then answers back with either a boxid or serial number to the card. This special ecm would have a different LEN to the normal size ecm.

So oscam developers added a new feature which goes into oscam.server file . The line of text goes to your appropriate reader section and looks like so : -

ecmwhitelist = 0963@000000:3E,4E,7D,7E,45,47,62, 68,69,6A,6B,6F,72 ,79

The official info from oscam is as follows : -

ecmwhitelist
parameter is optional
NEW svn 5137:04/30/2011

ecmwhitelist = [CAID[@ident]:]lenght[,lengtht]...[;[CAID[@ident]:]lenght[,lengtht]...]...

define valid ECM length in hex and ident for physical reader

example

ecmwhitelist = 10,20,30,0a,0b,0c
= 0100:10,20;0200@12345:0a,4b
[blank] = none (default) and ident 000000
In normal operation mode this parameter is not required!

Last edited:
Just to throw a curveball in this.

If ecm times are of such great importance why use cccam at all. Surely all it will do is increase them. Oscam can be set up to share using any number of protocols including cccam. The only downside to using oscam alone is that every change to its setup will require a restart to put it into effect. So to add a user for example you would need to restart oscam afterwards to enable it. Either that or have a number of spare user accounts already in the configs ready to activate when needed.

how you getting along with oscam BIG?
well it works mate, so so far so good, not really messed about with it much to be honest, still concerned about the higher ecm times though, im getting some going up to 0.3576 and numbers around that, although alot are normally around the 0.1145 area, but when i was using just cccam they were like 0.0968. not really sure what the limit is before people start seeing an effect on the screen, sure i read it was about 0.6 area! what kinda ecm times you getting!

was not getting lower then 0.1000, high as 0.3xxx sometimes - too high for my liking

after a lot of messing ive decided that oscam/cccam setup is best using a pc server with smargo and usb hub i reckon, will try this when i get a chance

gone back to cccam now, lovely ecm times lol

Yeah im thinking i may have to go back too, although from what iv seen at various families houses and setups its been fine, no picture break up or not loading channels straight away, im just wondering at what point the ecm times actually start having an effect on quality, wudnt mind a pc setup for this stuff but got no real need at the same time lol!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Dunno why you guys are having this really. At the server end in my webif in oscam my clients receive ecm times of 60-120ms from my local card. They never go over this and mostly full under 90ms. The only time I see odd occasional high ecm times amongst my normal times is when taken from my remote proxies.

I do not use cccam at all though

I think its just easier for people new to Oscam to start off this way tbh but there is no reason why they cannot eventually switch completely to oscam, but you will need to read quite a bit first about how oscam works when its a server and not just a cardreader

Back