boxnation on dm500

iv been trying a version of it all night but can i feck get oscam to read my card, cccam and clients are connected fine, but there not getting any ecm's because oscam isnt reading my card, i have a share from a friend on my server and when i activate the fline for the share he has given me, that works fine and my clients start receiving ecm's from him at hop2, but it wont read my hard, im lost, lol, thought these were just flash and away ya go, any help on this much appreciated, just gunna set my main server back up for today, and if anyone has any adivce on what to try i will go for it again 2moro night!

and trying pick tv works through my friends line so it is working, just not reading my white card!

i think some on here are getting a bit mixed up with things if you are a server with your card in the dm box nation will not clearing as it is now 10 quid a month channel to pay extra it no longer comes with the sports package
the lads or lasses that have a cline from someone eals and it is clearing it will be your server will be paying for it now if anyone says there card is clearing and they are not paying extra pls let us no cheers all tony

Big-Hol To get oscam to read your card your oscam.server file should look something like this

[reader]
label = local_card
protocol = internal
device = /dev/sci0
caid = 0963
boxid = ********
detect = cd
mhz = 500
cardmhz = 357
ident = 0963:000000
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,2
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-g = 1
lb_weight = 101

You should then activate whichever protocol you wish to use in oscam.conf

I'm going to upload an image based on pli that will work also work on 500c without needing a feed. As this thread started the project, could someone look at the following config files and suggest any improvements. I pulled them out of another ready to go image. People will need to change default ports.

CCcam.cfg (I've laid it out in sections)
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

oscam.conf
Code:

oscam.server
Code:

oscam.user
Code:

Looks like about right for the basics to me. You could then go on to add

oscam.services
oscam.srvid

For control of which service to which reader and Channel info in the webif

Big-Hol To get oscam to read your card your oscam.server file should look something like this

[reader]
label = local_card
protocol = internal
device = /dev/sci0
caid = 0963
boxid = ********
detect = cd
mhz = 500
cardmhz = 357
ident = 0963:000000
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,2
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-g = 1
lb_weight = 101

You should then activate whichever protocol you wish to use in oscam.conf
where is this found within the image to have a look, or how would i go about adding this file, this oscam has got me in a twist, havnt got a clue, lol!

also i see boxid is starred out, do i need to add my boxkey to this, if so does it just need the numbers or what!

it will be in var/tuxbox/config you mite find you have 3 file in there
oscam.conf
oscam.server
oscam.use

you want to rite click on server m8ty

where is this found within the image to have a look, or how would i go about adding this file, this oscam has got me in a twist, havnt got a clue, lol!

also i see boxid is starred out, do i need to add my boxkey to this, if so does it just need the numbers or what!

If enigma1 box then as tony49 said. If it's an enigma2 box then it will be in etc/tuxbox/config/oscam(or whatever the last folder happens to be called on your box)

As for the boxkey m8 the more recent versions of oscam do not need it and you can leave it blank. Earlier versions require it in a format like this 8b456a3f (ie no spaces)

If enigma1 box then as tony49 said. If it's an enigma2 box then it will be in etc/tuxbox/config/oscam(or whatever the last folder happens to be called on your box)

As for the boxkey m8 the more recent versions of oscam do not need it and you can leave it blank. Earlier versions require it in a format like this 8b456a3f (ie no spaces)
its a 500c, right heres what iv done and seems to be reading my card fine now iv left n line there, iv setup a spare 500c, flashed v2 of the may 11th image, connected it to my network, made an f line in cccam to test on my vu internally, also have a fta white card out of a sly box in the server, made the corresponding cline in vu cccam.cfg and its connected straight away, showing entitlements and such for the card so it appears to me like its working fine, although obviously i cant test premium channels as my proper card is still in my main server, soon to be this 1 if all goes well when i test tonight.. so i think the main thing i was doing wrong the other night is i deleted the cccam.cfg file straight out of the image when i flashed it and used my own cccam.cfg file, not knowing there was an n line in there to connect oscam to cccam... now that its up and running "i think, lol" is there any useful things i need to know or anything else that may need modified for better performance, reliabilty, security... i have my f lines with no reshares and such and always monitor ecm times, is there anything else to know, thanks for the help aswell guys from both here and the pm's iv had, appreciated... will report back later when i change all my flines over and plug my proper card in, hopefully all goes well ;)

Last edited:
Which version of oscam is it installed? I would recommend 6089. It is the latest version that is deemed as "stable". It is easy to change to it if it is not.

Download the appropriate bin file ( or pm someone with you e-mail addy to get it sent ;) )
swap the existing bin file found in var/bin with the one you just got and make sure you name it EXACTLY the same as the old one
chmod it 755 and then restart oscam

Well if you find you have any problems I would recommend going back to 6089. I always found on the unstable ones oscam would stop running for no reason. Sometimes after 2 weeks other times after just a day

Well if you find you have any problems I would recommend going back to 6089. I always found on the unstable ones oscam would stop running for no reason. Sometimes after 2 weeks other times after just a day
thanks bud ill bare that in mind if i encounter any problems!

just set dm500s clone up with Abu's image, all seems fine at moment, ecm about 0.11xx with mhz and cardmhz in oscam.server set to 600 each

would love to see ecm down to 0.8xxxs! lol

BIG, what kinda ecm you getting?

just set dm500s clone up with Abu's image, all seems fine at moment, ecm about 0.11xx with mhz and cardmhz in oscam.server set to 600 each

would love to see ecm down to 0.8xxxs! lol

BIG, what kinda ecm you getting?
iv not tested with my proper card in yet mate, or with any of my clients as to not disturb them, i just used my fta card to see if oscam would read it, and i made a quick fline to share to myself internally, ill test it after 12 tonight when most are in bed with my proper card and all clients on!

been having a play with oscam, very impressed with the amount of options you get, it makes cccam look very primitive lol

am i right in saying the ECM times in cccam config page are now irrelevant? even though they still show?

and the correct place to look at the ECM times are now on the oscam config page in the logfile option?

i.e: 2012/05/15 21:38:32 xxxxxxxx c test1 (xxxx&000000/0000/xxxx/xx:xxxx): found (85 ms) by cardslot < --- 85ms?

Back