VU+ Duo box freezing up - advise.

grantsmith82

Inactive User
Reaction score
HI all,
one of my vu+ duo keeps locking up every few hours. its not a sealion issue as happens on all channels. and I don't get a spinning vix in the corner. the only way to resolve is to turn the power switch off on the back and back on again ..
so far I have swapped out the PSU and also completely reflashed again . I am running vix btw.

any other ideas what could be causing the box to just lock up. also to mention when it does lock up the remote wont respond either. it doesn't appear to be a software issue maybe more hardware?

HI all,
one of my vu+ duo keeps locking up every few hours. its not a sealion issue as happens on all channels. and I don't get a spinning vix in the corner. the only way to resolve is to turn the power switch off on the back and back on again ..
so far I have swapped out the PSU and also completely reflashed again . I am running vix btw.

any other ideas what could be causing the box to just lock up. also to mention when it does lock up the remote wont respond either. it doesn't appear to be a software issue maybe more hardware?

Hi mate thee are 2 main reasons but can be more
1)The box is overheating(it sounds like this)
2)you need to free up some flash.

If you are 100% sure its none of these my advice is to try a absolute clean install of image."woops just seen you have done this"
When i have had this it has always been a heat issue.turn up the fan.

Last edited:
hi AJT,
How do I go about freeing up flash ? I have a 500gb HDD installed so all stuff like recordings, EGP etc go onto the HDD.
also with the heating I have set the fan to be on.. and I have the box placed on top of a unit so its not surrounded with other boxes or poor ventilation.

thanks

try the latest vix 808 from a fresh install

hi AJT,
How do I go about freeing up flash ? I have a 500gb HDD installed so all stuff like recordings, EGP etc go onto the HDD.
also with the heating I have set the fan to be on.. and I have the box placed on top of a unit so its not surrounded with other boxes or poor ventilation.

thanks

Hi mate you could do a clean install which is in my opinion the best way to go as you may have a corrupted something or other.but just get rid if stuff installed on flash like old plugins etc anything you dont use that is on the box not the hard drive.Check the box for heat see how hot it is anything over 35 is no good needs to be cooler etc

Hi mate you could do a clean install which is in my opinion the best way to go as you may have a corrupted something or other.but just get rid if stuff installed on flash like old plugins etc anything you dont use that is on the box not the hard drive.Check the box for heat see how hot it is anything over 35 is no good needs to be cooler etc

ive given it a complete fresh install.. still same error. im just wondering if its a faulty motherboard ?

ive given it a complete fresh install.. still same error. im just wondering if its a faulty motherboard ?

How old is your box?

Is it clone or original?

If you box is a year or 2 old, Have you tried replacing C807 220uF 16v with a new one on motherboard.

How old is your box?

Is it clone or original?

If you box is a year or 2 old, Have you tried replacing C807 220uF 16v with a new one on motherboard.

the box is a clone about 4 months old v3.2 also when it freezes can be on the tv or within the menu but the sound will continue its just the image is frozen and nothing will respond. unless you power box off and on again

is c807 220uf a tuner or a chip on the motherboard ?

Have you tried a new image ?

Also to see if it is a weak PSU disconnect the HDD to give it a easier time and see if the freezing still occurs.

Have you tried a new image ?

Also to see if it is a weak PSU disconnect the HDD to give it a easier time and see if the freezing still occurs.

ive swapped the psu out and also disconnected the HDD. the image is the same image ive used on about 20 vu+duo none ever had this issue.

You say you've set the fan to on but is it defo spinning?
Do you have a normal house fan that you would use to cool yourself down? Try taking the lid off and make sure the fan is spinning but also while the lid is off turn your house fan on to it so it is properly cooled down and then if it still freezes then you've ruled the heat issue out for sure.

You say you've set the fan to on but is it defo spinning?
Do you have a normal house fan that you would use to cool yourself down? Try taking the lid off and make sure the fan is spinning but also while the lid is off turn your house fan on to it so it is properly cooled down and then if it still freezes then you've ruled the heat issue out for sure.

fan 100% spinning.. also swapped the fan from another unit too.. I guess i could try leaving lid off and a house fan blowing over the box and see if it is a heat issue. however it doesn't feel overly hot when placing hand on it after a lock up

Back