Bought car in Feb, forgot to send off Registration Docs, now need to tax.

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
My Daughter bought a wee runner in Feb, she was so excited about her new car that she forgot to send off the V5 registration doc.

It's now time to tax it, she has the V5 but will she be able to use this one as it should have been replaced 6 months ago.

I was hoping that she could just fill in the New Keeper Suppliment and tax it at a Post Office, would this be ok?

She has already used the V5 to tax the car back in Feb and the lady in the post office reminded her to send off the V5 at the time.

My Daughter bought a wee runner in Feb, she was so excited about her new car that she forgot to send off the V5 registration doc.

It's now time to tax it, she has the V5 but will she be able to use this one as it should have been replaced 6 months ago.

I was hoping that she could just fill in the New Keeper Suppliment and tax it at a Post Office, would this be ok?

She has already used the V5 to tax the car back in Feb and the lady in the post office reminded her to send off the V5 at the time.

just do it online mate or send the v5 off and wait 2 weeks for it to come back

plus if the police pull here and she says its her car, the vehicle check will come back in someone else name and she could be prosecuted.

So I definitely can not use it to tax the car at the post office?

I'm going to chance my luck anyway ;) Yes she has left it to ME to do all the dirty work once again.

lol.

ide suggest doing it all at the post office.. fill in the new keeper details take off the strip..

you can tax a car with just the slip.. as i have before.. bought a car with no tax on.. previous owner sent off the v5 i had the slip. taxed it next day no problem

So I definitely can not use it to tax the car at the post office?

I'm going to chance my luck anyway ;) Yes she has left it to ME to do all the dirty work once again.

lol.

you can give it a shot mate, dont see why not but if one post office doesnt do it, try a different one as its down to the registrar to accept or reject it.

Thanks guys.

Got it taxed no problem in the end :)

I sent off the docs at the same time.

bit confused if she bought the car she dont send nothing off its all
down to the seller she should have never had the V5 untill dvla sends her one

well tbh when i bought my car the seller gave me the document so i could send it off my self, either way it needs to be sent who ever has it.

bit confused if she bought the car she dont send nothing off its all
down to the seller she should have never had the V5 untill dvla sends her one

She bought it from a small backstreet dealer, he just handed her all the paperwork and smiled. :)

Back