Bootmanager : not found ???

junkiepilot

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Came down this morning to find a dead DM500c, after a bit of investigation it seems that the power supply was dead, so a universal Maplins special has managed to at least get power through the box.
Now all I get is the red light on the front, and any random channel showing, (at present its Sly Movies horror and Sci-fi !!! ).. but the remote does nothing, the power button does nothing etc etc.
I have connected to the box and run up DCC, this shows the box connected by FTP, but shows Bootmanager : Not Found.

Any ideas on what I need to do? Any help gratefully received!!

thanks

Every time I use DCC it says that too. That's why I don't use it.

I use a standard ftp client.

I would reflash with dreamup first of all. That's a good base position to start from. I would flash a raw image, not a backup. Then do a scan and see if everything is ok. Then add your bouquets if you want.

Spot on.... I flashed with DreamUp and sure enough it flashed ok.

Now next point... I flashed back on the neutrino image I was using before (like the style of Neutrino, never got on with other images) and all I get is the 'Neutrino' splash screen when it starts. Nothing else will happen. I then tried a DW image I had lying around, and hey presto, fully working. I tried the Neutrino again, and get the same again, nothing past the splash screen! Any suggestions or ideas?

i really would like to use a Neutrino image, as I have been used to this for ages and like the way 'OK' brings up the bouquettes and then scroll left and right trough them.. (do any of the other images do this now?)

Thanks

One further question - and I know it sounds like I'm being blonde, but anyway...

I now have a neutrino image working (uk05 beta) and I also have a backup from before of my services.xml and ubouqets.xml. now its working, its asking me to copy my services and ubouquets files or perform a channel scan. Where exactly does it want me to copy them to? I've tried and it still says no services found.

Services and bouquets go in /var/tuxbox/config/zapit.

On DW2, you can skip left and right through the bouquets by pressing the < & > buttons either side of the 0 button. ;)

Having a nightmare today!!!... thats where I was putting them, but nothing worked! I then tried a scan and that constantly failed. Anyway... I have opted for the DW2 image, and its not bad!! One thing though, on Neutrino you could get a full EPG for all channels by pressing red then green... can this be done with the DW2 image? i have pressed numerous button configurations to try and find something similar, but all I get is he EPG for the selected channel, not all channels.
(ps... Harmony remote made it even easier to make it act like neutrino once you said about the < and > buttons!! :proud: )

You can't get a full A-Z multiepg list but you can for each individual bouquet.

Press OK and go to the selected bouquet
Press INFO then MULTIEPG

You will get something similar to what red/green does on neutrino.

If you press 1-6 you can specify the amount of visible hours.

Thats exactly what I was looking for. :Clap:

Thankyou very much for all your help Mr Devilfish... you are a superstar.

:Cheers:

Back