Help identifying IC

trevortron

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A friend brought me the control panel from his washing machine, made by the now defunkt ISE.
A switching IC in the power supply has "let out the smoke", unfortunately the top of the IC has blown off (and cannot be found) so we are left trying to identify it.
It's an 8-pin DIL device. Pins 1, 2, 7 & 8 are ground/heatsink, pin 5 is connected to the switching transformer and 3 & 4 are connected to a couple of feedback? resistors and the on-standby toggle switch.
I've removed the chip and there is noting on the underside to identify it.
Any help/hints gratefully received, TIA.

IMG_20191105_113355 (2).jpg

Hey, maybe if you tell us the make and model of the washing machine it might help in a search for the board @trevortron, even thou you say they have gone under, it maybe possible to find a picture of the board and so get the ic number of it, i know its along shot like but ya never know, just another way of finding out what it is.

Any part number on the PCB @trevortron? Might get lucky and find a picture of one that you can read the chip.

Or... If you are really, really lucky... Part of the silicon die might be intact and have the part number on it (microscope required). Can't really tell if there is any from the picture.

I did ask the owner @FocuS for the model no. but he hasn't got back to me. He is also here in PT & the machine is in UK.
I did search the PCB number(s) but drew a blank @Spectre, but I've attached a better image in case you might have better luck than I had.

isep.jpg

hey been having a look around looks like it could be a Gorenje washer, this board is very close to yours but not quite right the components look the same well the most, still cannot read the ic but getting there.

Gorenje 500805 Washing Machine Control Board Asko Part No. 8094062-02

if you search ebay you will find it maybe if we asked for a better res picture you could read the IC

board .jpg

Well done @FocuS that does indeed look very similar.
The guys on UKWG have been very helpful too, one of the mod's actually has the same machine (W1607W) and he says he's going to open it up for me if he can't find a decent image of the chip on his PC.

Well done @FocuS that does indeed look very similar.
The guys on UKWG have been very helpful too, one of the mod's actually has the same machine (W1607W) and he says he's going to open it up for me if he can't find a decent image of the chip on his PC.
And there was me thinking you had ignored my Whitegoods suggestion ;)

Back