Bolton part company with boss Lee

Baaheeduk

Inactive User
Reaction score
In a house with lots of alcohol on the go!!
Bolton have parted company with manager Sammy Lee by mutual consent.
Lee was promoted from assistant manager in April after the exit of former boss Sam Allardyce.

But he has had a difficult start to the current campaign as Bolton lie second from bottom of the Premier League with just one league win to their credit.

"This has been a difficult decision for all parties but we have agreed the time is right," Bolton chairman Phil Gartside told the club's website.

Frank McParland was general manager at Bolton and he has also left the club.

Gartside added: "Sammy has played an important role in the club's recent history. We wish Sammy and Frank well for the future.

"Our efforts will now be to look for a replacement manager to concentrate on the future."

More to follow.

Last edited:
he lost the senior players thats why he went, gary speed being the main one. i say good job he wasnt up to the job, i enjoyed watching boltons games when big sam was in charge and that changed when he left and sammy took over,

didnt think he would last long like feel for him hard act to follow after what big sam has done for them

It's a shame. I liked Sammy as a footballer, and as a coach he's great. But he hasn't had the experience as a manager.

It gets worse......................
The word on the cobbled street is that we're getting Graeme Souness FFS
I hope this is someone having a joke ...............

Curly

Very Good Luck if thats the case.

Never should have got the job

no suprise that he has gone the board wanted big sam out for having ambition and installed sammy lee thats gotta be one of the dummist things that happen in the off season if they end up goin down they will only have themselves to blame

It gets worse......................
The word on the cobbled street is that we're getting Graeme Souness FFS
I hope this is someone having a joke ...............

Curly

You could do worse...Souness transformed Rangers, o.k he did the dirty on the Gers but he did a good job whilst there. He didnt do so well at Liverpool but thats because he cleared out too many players too quickly, same thing with Newcastle, its his way or the highway, but I reckon he could do well for Bolton.

Back