Bolier Help..... no hot water since

DiamondGeezer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Tuned off the hot and cold taps by the storage tank in the loft to change bathroom taps.

The bolier is a worcester 14/19 combi
http://www.ultimatehandyman.org/PDF/Worcester_Bosch/Worcester-Bosch-CBi-User-manual.pdf

If turned the dial to full to the left then baCK TO THE '0' POSTION, it kicks in and appears to ignite then goes quite, it does this 4 times then nothing until a reset again.

Not 100% sure but the water pressure may not be that good, it wasn't that brillant before I change the taps but I'm guessing there could be an airlock in the system preventing it from working, if it is how can I gt rid of an airlock?

any ideas?

Thanks

if you got hot and cold storage tanks then your boiler is not a combi, to replace taps on a combi system all you would need to do is turn the cold mains supply off, you are either on a conventional system or have a system boiler which is a pressurized heating system.

check that the pressure gauge is around the 1 bar

what fault is showing on the boiler? this is from the manual

INDICATOR LIGHTS
Boiler demand : System is calling for heat
Burner ON : Burner is firing
Lock-out : There is a fault condition
Steady light - Overheat
Flashing light - Flame failure

All working now.

Left the hot tap running in the bath (cold water coming out), stuck on a dvd and left it

heard a cough a splatter so went back to the bolier done another reset and it kicked in :)

Thanks for all the quick responses

if you got hot and cold storage tanks then your boiler is not a combi, to replace taps on a combi system all you would need to do is turn the cold mains supply off, you are either on a conventional system or have a system boiler which is a pressurized heating system.

check that the pressure gauge is around the 1 bar

Where do you check the pressure, can't see anything but anyway as previous post it's working now.

I've got the cold water tank in the loft and in one of the bedrooms is the bolier worcester 14/19 CBi and in the next bedroom we have a cylinder in a cuboard which I'm guessing stores the hot water. The cylinder has a connection to the electric mains but is switched off. No idea how the system works but had no problems in the last 6 years apart from today.

You will not have a pressure loop, as you dont have a a combi. Your boiler has a static head.

Just presumed this as on the cover it has CBi, just put the heating on and thats looking ok so all good

thanks for confirming

You have what they call a conventional system with a cylinder,motorised valve and pump? time to change matey and get a combi boiler less hassell lol

You have what they call a conventional system with a cylinder,motorised valve and pump? time to change matey and get a combi boiler less hassell lol

Would have to disagree with that m8,
You will lose your Airing Cupboard plus if the boiler breaks you have no means of heating your hot water :)

Would have to disagree with that m8,
You will lose your Airing Cupboard plus if the boiler breaks you have no means of heating your hot water :)

Lol wiz i would have to disagree with that install an electric shower then you have hot water lol also i removed my cylinder from the airing cupboard and installed shelves + a nice vaillant 831 and a rad so my airing cupboard is nice and toasty lol

You got to admit that the old conventional cylinder and boiler is dated i personally would go down the unvented route with a system boiler and maybe chuck some solar in also lol

Last edited:
Lol wiz i would have to disagree with that install an electric shower then you have hot water lol also i removed my cylinder from the airing cupboard and installed shelve + a nice vaillant 831 and a rad so my airing cupboard is nice and toasty lol

You got to admit that the old conventional cylinder and boiler is dated i personally would go down the unvented route and maybe chuck some solar in also lol

Ahha but an electric shower wont give you hot water in your taps so there lol ;)

never thought about a rad in the airing cupboard,but presuming its run from your heating then you only get a toasty cupboard when the heating is on, where as mine gets toasty even when I use the boiler just to heat the water :)

Ahha but an electric shower wont give you hot water in your taps so there lol ;)

never thought about a rad in the airing cupboard,but presuming its run from your heating then you only get a toasty cupboard when the heating is on, where as mine gets toasty even when I use the boiler just to heat the water :)

Lol your still running a cylinder then wiz? Rember when the bath is filling or shower running so's my combi lol and to be fair it does get warm in that cupboard lol

Lol your still running a cylinder then wiz? Rember when the bath is filling or shower running so's my combi lol and to be fair it does get warm in that cupboard lol

Yep tbh Jimmy combi's are not really used that much over here,so I dont have any experience with them m8,
during the warmer months I just put the boiler on for a half hour morning and evening to give me hot water for the day,and then obviously in the winter the heating is on so ample hot water then,

Still got a problem somewhere

Timer is set for water only, problem is got hot water and the raditors are all on as well

Still got a problem somewhere

Timer is set for water only, problem is got hot water and the raditors are all on as well

What have you got in your airing cupboard matey? Do you have one 3 port valve and a pump? or 2 motoriezed valves and a pump

What have you got in your airing cupboard matey? Do you have one 3 port valve and a pump? or 2 motoriezed valves and a pump

No idea, can I tell from the pipework going into it? it's a bit dark in there now so I'll take a look at it tomorrow

No idea, can I tell from the pipework going into it? it's a bit dark in there now so I'll take a look at it tomorrow

see if you got thre pipes going into one valve or have you got 2 vales with a pipes going in each end of both

I've attached a couple of photos to show how it's all plump in, is the blue box some type off valve?

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Back