Elite 50 Boiler on last legs

MikeS

Inactive User
Reaction score
I got a servowarm elite 50 that has encountered some trouble the last few days

the timer dial is inconsistent and doesnt move properly, if i physically move the dial around then the boiler ckicks in and goes off accordingly

spoke to a few m8s who said servowarm are c*nts when it comes to parts and that i need a new boiler and there is no chance of replacement parts

British gas quoted me £3500 for a combi

the boiler isnt a combi and i have water tanks in the loft for my power shower and i want it to stay that way if possible

been told this is what i need

Danfoss FP715 Programmer

also the pump is still working when the boiler is not on

any suggestions ppl as I dont want to fork out for a new boiler as this one still warms up my house a treat with lovely hot water and has not let me down yet. 25 yrs old or sommit lol

I got a servowarm elite 50 that has encountered some trouble the last few days

the timer dial is inconsistent and doesnt move properly, if i physically move the dial around then the boiler ckicks in and goes off accordingly

spoke to a few m8s who said servowarm are c*nts when it comes to parts and that i need a new boiler and there is no chance of replacement parts

British gas quoted me £3500 for a combi

the boiler isnt a combi and i have water tanks in the loft for my power shower and i want it to stay that way if possible

been told this is what i need

Danfoss FP715 Programmer

also the pump is still working when the boiler is not on

any suggestions ppl as I dont want to fork out for a new boiler as this one still warms up my house a treat with lovely hot water and has not let me down yet. 25 yrs old or sommit lol

what clock do you have controlling the central heating system at the moment mate?

SNV31166.jpg

SNV31167.jpg

SNV31168.jpg

3.5k, must be a decent bit of kit for that...

MiL had a new one fitted last year, all in, pipes, rads, boiler, etc, etc, 1.2k. (Cash!)

Gold plated for 3.5k BG are robbing gits! quoted me £800 for power wash got it done for £150 same system etc BG said they needed 2 people there all day I said " That aint my problem, cya "

From what you've described, it sounds as if you just need to replace the programmer.

They're also here
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
I've bought from them before.

I suggest, if you can wait, give them a ring and ask if that's definitely what's required. My old Honeywell timer had seen better days and they helped me get a suitable up to date replacement, plus I couldn't find cheaper.

3.5k, must be a decent bit of kit for that...

MiL had a new one fitted last year, all in, pipes, rads, boiler, etc, etc, 1.2k. (Cash!)

must had been a small combi for that price not only that prices of copper gone up since last year couple
of months ago i got a worcs 30cdi for £1600 fitted rads got meself from toolstation cheap as chips look
here and free delivery for programmer

I doubt your get a programmer replacement for that boiler, maybe wrong. You may have to use an external programmer and modify the wireing slightly. All you need to do is find the switch live for h/w then c/h. Wire up a permant live to an external programmer and for option 4 for heating wire you switch live for heating and do the same with h/w. A.

Just looked at your pics, it seems the programmer you have currently will be a single channel only. By the looks of things, you do not have any external controls such as a cyl thermostat, room thermostat and motorized valver determing between c/h & h/w. May be wrong. Is your temperature for h/w controlled by a TRV??? A.

Last edited:
must had been a small combi for that price not only that prices of copper gone up since last year couple
of months ago i got a worcs 30cdi for £1600 fitted rads got meself from toolstation cheap as chips look
here and free delivery for programmer

Just a standard boiler mate, but yes all done cheap, no copper pipes only plastic, Rads from TS, and cash is king for matey boy.

Back