BLoody petrol prices to halt / rise

all iam saying is if someone is bringing home a weekly wage of say 2grand or more then they should be heavily taxed, the more you earn the more tax you pay, and the poor people should be allowed to reap some benefit of such tax's for example dont pay council tax and maybe get a little more social benefits, i mean have you seen what an unemployed adult is meant to be able to live on, iam not sure of the exact figures but i think its something like 50quid, come on man !!! try and live for 1 week on 50quid, its totally impossible after you pay council tax, electricty, gas, tv licence, then after all that you need to do the weekly shop, fooks sake man, you see what i mean ??

all iam saying is if someone is bringing home a weekly wage of say 2grand or more then they should be heavily taxed, the more you earn the more tax you pay, and the poor people should be allowed to reap some benefit of such tax's for example dont pay council tax and maybe get a little more social benefits, i mean have you seen what an unemployed adult is meant to be able to live on, iam not sure of the exact figures but i think its something like 50quid, come on man !!! try and live for 1 week on 50quid, its totally impossible after you pay council tax, electricty, gas, tv licence, then after all that you need to do the weekly shop, fooks sake man, you see what i mean ??

You dont think 40% is high tax....every tenner you earn you have to give £4 on tax then pay national insurance after that. Someone earning £2000 has to pay £800 tax yet someone earning £500 pays £100, 40% seems a high enough tax for me.

Add that up over a year, guy on £500 pays £5200, guy on £2,000 pays £41,000

Also unemployed people can get their rent and rates paid for them, the guy on £2000 who just paid £800 tax still has his mortgage and rates to pay.

Last edited:
You dont think 40% is high tax....every tenner you earn you have to give £4 on tax then pay national insurance after that. Someone earning £2000 has to pay £800 tax yet someone earning £500 pays £100, 40% seems a high enough tax for me.

Add that up over a year, guy on £500 pays £5200, guy on £2,000 pays £41,000

Also unemployed people can get their rent and rates paid for them, the guy on £2000 who just paid £800 tax still has his mortgage and rates to pay.

yea but one thing for sure is the guy earning 2000grand which ever way you look at it will still be able to live a decent life where as the dole guy cant even put a can of beans on the table, and also after the dole guy gets rebates etc, he still has to pay some council tax.

yea but one thing for sure is the guy earning 2000grand which ever way you look at it will still be able to live a decent life where as the dole guy cant even put a can of beans on the table, and also after the dole guy gets rebates etc, he still has to pay some council tax.

iam not meaning that the government should make it so lovley to be unemployed that everyone wants to be unemployed, cause its far from that if anyone thinks it is all rosey, all iam saying is i dont know how or what really they can do apart from taxing to help everyone out, if theres another magic wand they can wave then they need to wave it, i dont know where it going to come from though, lol

I know theres people on the dole that struggle but theres also people on the dole who seem to have it easy, play golf reguarly, go out at nights and get blitzed while I have to get up and go to work.

Benefits are there as a security net for those that deserve and need it and shouldnt be there for people to exploit it, thats the people you should be more worried about and not the guy on £2000/week who is paying £41,000 tax every year and then national insurance on top of that.

No, it was meant to be a how.

i dont know how, thats why i say they need to find a magic wand to keep everyone happy, i dont know what it is, you dont know, no one knows, but the government better get it out of thier azz quick man.

i sometimes wish i was a dole dosser.....
no job pressure
no mortgage
pub every day
plenty of lie ins

and get a couple of kids in tow for added bonuses. No wonder these people have no motivation to work, talk about silver spoon !!
i think the government should be going the opposite way,as in cutting benefits,get these people out there off there lazy asses and get a freakin job, it is not so hard these days !
why should i work all my life and be NO better off than joe bloggs on the council estate FFS .

The lazy unemployed are not the the biggest problem we are dealing with. The greedy bankers are the biggest threats that this country has seen in a hundred years.

The sooner people stop blaming those unfortunate enough not to have a job and start concentrating on the real problems like greed we may move forward. Laziness is NOT a crime.

We do have a lazy idle workforce that is not as productive as other countries but maybe if we hadn't sold of our manufacturing industries in the 80's we may not be in the shit we are in now.

The country needs some changes at grass roots level and blaming poor unemployed people is not the way to go in the current situation, we should have sorted that mess out in boom times. Currently the benefits system promotes dependency and a lack of self worth.

there are plenty of jobs going around. there are plenty of building sites that need labourers, but people are just too lazy too go and find one. and its toughshit if they dont like the job, its a job aint it. get off their lazy arses and fooking do summit.

lazyness may not be a crime but im working for them to get a cut of my wage.

there are plenty of jobs going around. there are plenty of building sites that need labourers, but people are just too lazy too go and find one. and its toughshit if they dont like the job, its a job aint it. get off their lazy arses and fooking do summit.

lazyness may not be a crime but im working for them to get a cut of my wage.

A them vs us attitude could be dangerous as unemployment rises. Unless you have sound financial planning it could possibly effect you.

I don't agree that there are plenty of jobs to go around but lets assume that there are on building sites. Margins have been squeezed to a point where you need to make some cutbacks to finish the job. Cutbacks will not be possible on materials as you need them to build the homes. You could cut back on labour costs by paying less but it has already been established that UK native folk will only work for a set amount of money or rather be unemployed and a burden on the state.

I guess I'll retract my comment above above the welfare state promoting a lack of self worth as the case could be argued that it promotes too much self worth even in a declining market.

A them vs us attitude could be dangerous as unemployment rises. Unless you have sound financial planning it could possibly effect you.

I don't agree that there are plenty of jobs to go around but lets assume that there are on building sites. Margins have been squeezed to a point where you need to make some cutbacks to finish the job. Cutbacks will not be possible on materials as you need them to build the homes. You could cut back on labour costs by paying less but it has already been established that UK native folk will only work for a set amount of money or rather be unemployed and a burden on the state.

I guess I'll retract my comment above above the welfare state promoting a lack of self worth as the case could be argued that it promotes too much self worth even in a declining market.

well to push people to get of the dole they should drop the payments each year until they are desperate for the money then they will find a job. there are building sites all over the country, all you have to do is walk on site and ask if theres a job going. not hard, just lazyness.

Yes there are plenty of jobs going round, but not all of the unemployed can do them.

As munkey says, there needs to be a fundamental change is needed in the way in which we look after the unemployed and the way we view all of our industries.

i am not talking about the physically unabled. im talking about the lazy fookers. why cant they do the jobs on site?

well to push people to get of the dole they should drop the payments each year until they are desperate for the money then they will find a job. there are building sites all over the country, all you have to do is walk on site and ask if theres a job going. not hard, just lazyness.

Trust me people do not want to work for low wages even when artificial minimum wage yields are set. I have argued/discussed this to death on this forum.

It seems you have a good work ethic, hopefully it's contagious.

Umm, neither was I....

There is a wide array of empty jobs right now, not all of them are labouring on a building site. How do you propose to get all of the unemployed motivated enough to go for one of these jobs? And, for those who lack skills, how to you propose to retrain them?

Not all unemployed people are lazy, and to be honest thats a pretty terrible comment to make.

you dont need quals to labour on a building site. not all but most are lazy.

Trust me people do not want to work for low wages even when artificial minimum wage yields are set. I have argued/discussed this to death on this forum.

It seems you have a good work ethic, hopefully it's contagious.

i am an electrician, i was brought up on an estate that had/has a poor work rate. i no how most of them are, they are taking the piss out of the system and they laugh about it. i have never set foot into the dole office never had any benefits. at all. even when im ill and its rare, i still go to work, i had one day off once near xmas when a relative died.

there are a lot of jobs that dont need training and with some jobs if you do need the training, then they will train you when the employ you, so really tere is no excuse.

well there is one, the government are soft as shite.

Yes... but unfortunately (or possibly fortunately if you look what happened to Ireland...) not all available jobs are on building sites.

It is grossly unfair to label the majority of the unemployed as lazy.

its also unfair for them to take a cut off my hard earned wages and laugh at me while there on jeremy kyle discussing there so called "problems"

Lets just hope you never fall into the situation of being unemployed then.

wont happen mate as i always look and find something. i used to be self employed and working for agencies but whenever i got laid off i always found a job straight away. now im in full time but if i ever get laid off i wont be going on the dole, ill spend my days off looking for work, not taking advantage of the system.

There was this guy on Question Time last week who is a contractor and spoke of the same things that you mention. He said that he would rather employ Polish workers as they have a much better work ethic than the English. One year ago he would have got lynched but he managed a small round of applause now that people are finally starting to wake up to the fact that they may need to retrain or work in other fields or even pick up a shovel on a building site in our dwindling economy.

The welfare state was created to fight destitution but instead it has led to mass dependency on those that choose to work.

Back