BLoody petrol prices to halt / rise

hawkish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
not happy with the recent price drops in petrol the worlds oil producers have decided to slash production by 1,500,000 barrels A DAY to make demand greater and keep us payong top doller

fcuking assholes

----------------------------

Oil producers to slash output

11 hours ago
Oil cartel Opec has agreed to cut production in a move that is likely to halt the recent slide in UK petrol prices.
Members of the organisation decided to cut output by 1.5 million barrels a day from next month in an attempt to shore up sagging prices.
Explaining the reasons for the move, a statement read at the end of the meeting in Vienna said prices had witnessed a dramatic collapse unprecedented in speed and magnitude.
Crude oil has tumbled to less than 70 US dollars a barrel amid global recession fears - less than half the 147 dollar high seen in July.
That has led to falling petrol prices at UK forecourts. Supermarket giants Asda, Tesco and Sainsbury all announced a new round of cuts.
The retailers joined oil firm Total in slashing 3p off a litre of unleaded to take the price down to 94.9p. Morrisons is also cutting petrol costs.
The last time petrol was 94.9p at Asda was last October, and the supermarket said the announcement marked the third time it had cut its petrol prices in a fortnight.
But the decision by Opec ministers failed to halt the slide in oil prices on Friday. Light, sweet crude on the New York Mercantile Exchange - the benchmark price - was at 64.51 US dollars, a drop of more than three US dollars in the session as global recession fears continued to depress world markets.
Oil prices had edged up from their 16-month low below 67 dollars a barrel to around 69 dollars ahead of Friday's meeting.
Motoring body the Automobile Association (AA) welcomed the latest price cuts, but warned that moves by Opec to slash production meant that the recent easing in petrol price could be brought to an end.

SCOURCE

FFS !

Why are they allowed to hold the world to ransom !

How else would the Saudi's afford the protection provided to them by the US is oil hit under $70/barrel? Price fixing is the only way in a free market.

You can all flame away at me after this but what would you do if your product halved in price, would you keep producing the same amount even though there is not going to be demand for it because of the state of the worlds finances or would you ease back on production until the demand is there again.

The oil sector employs vast amounts of people and pays through the teeth on tax. We all know where the biggest chunk of the petrol price goes and its not to the oil producers who have to explore for it, extract it, refine it, delivery it, while the government do fek all but take the biggest chunk.

btw...the oil price dropped almost $3 after the Opec cut back and is now $62 so its basically a false rant.

BBC NEWS | Business | Oil falls despite production cuts

just get mr brown tongue to cut the taxes in this country and think of ourselves first and not the foreigners coming into this country. i aint saying no more about it.

just get mr brown tongue to cut the taxes in this country and think of ourselves first and not the foreigners coming into this country. i aint saying no more about it.

What do foreigners have to do with the price of oil?, unless they are bringing it over in suitcases and selling it down the market cheap along with bootleg fags?

Ahh thanks for clearing that up.

I would disagree though. We need tax hikes and not cuts to help repay the hundreds of billions of pounds we have just spent. Cutting taxes is only saving the problem for another day.

i am sick of working like a coont and gettin taxed a hell of a lot for it. i did a 15 hr shift and a couple of 13 hr shifts the other day, working this weekend aswell and havnt had a day off for a while. and for the trouble, all i get is my wages but somehow some other coont who sits there doing **** all, all day gets a cut of it. i graft my arse while some connt is laughing at me while they at home or whatever there doing. what pisses me off aswell is, we pay car tax, why the **** should we pay more money again if we want to drive into a city centre, isnt road tax for that, its one or the other, not fucking both. lower our taxes and we will be able to afford a lot more so more people may npt need credit for things, then there will be less money spent to cover the costs.

sorry for going off topic

i am sick of working like a coont and gettin taxed a hell of a lot for it. i did a 15 hr shift and a couple of 13 hr shifts the other day, working this weekend aswell and havnt had a day off for a while. and for the trouble, all i get is my wages but somehow some other coont who sits there doing **** all, all day gets a cut of it. i graft my arse while some connt is laughing at me while they at home or whatever there doing. what pisses me off aswell is, we pay car tax, why the **** should we pay more money again if we want to drive into a city centre, isnt road tax for that, its one or the other, not fucking both. lower our taxes and we will be able to afford a lot more so more people may npt need credit for things, then there will be less money spent to cover the costs.

screw the topic mate what you are saying is actually more interesting

:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:

I say tax very heavily the persons who earn more than say £2000 per week and over, the more the higher the tax, I.E - tax the rich more who can afford it and tax the poor less who cant afford it, anyway, 2grand + thats far far more than an average person needs anyway to live the normal life per week, if they dont like it they can fook off.

Then spend all the tax's on giving the people it who need it most, the poor and elderly.

and i might as well say, if they are going to keep inflating the price of petrol, lets inflate it so much that only the rich can afford it and pour all that tax money back into the poor and elderly too.

Thats the correct way to do it, do it like that and everyone in the country will vote for you, but i know all you guys will says thats impossible to keep up, is it ??? is it really ?? think about it ?? i think not.

We can all be poor if we don`t work,so how do you propose to do this,some people have been on benefits for years with no intentions of working and they are classed as poor,so lets chuck more money at these kind of people.I have thought about it and it will not work.
I say tax very heavily the persons who earn more than say £2000 per week and over, the more the higher the tax, I.E - tax the rich more who can afford it and tax the poor less who cant afford it, anyway, 2grand + thats far far more than an average person needs anyway to live the normal life per week, if they dont like it they can fook off.

Then spend all the tax's on giving the people it who need it most, the poor and elderly.

and i might as well say, if they are going to keep inflating the price of petrol, lets inflate it so much that only the rich can afford it and pour all that tax money back into the poor and elderly too.

Thats the correct way to do it, do it like that and everyone in the country will vote for you, but i know all you guys will says thats impossible to keep up, is it ??? is it really ?? think about it ?? i think not.

You cant tax people more just because they earn a decent wage,otherwise there would be no incentive for creativity or a desire to succeed in life.
The majority of top earners have no doubt put the effort into earning that wage.

You cant tax people more just because they earn a decent wage,otherwise there would be no incentive for creativity or a desire to succeed in life.
The majority of top earners have no doubt put the effort into earning that wage.

very very well said :Clap:

why not, do you really think people with imagination and drive, will loose it if the money is low? this is the argument of the greedy, and whilst its touted a lot, its actually untrue, imho. these people are not stupid, they will do it for the money they can get, however much or little it is. and if some want to leave, let them. greedy c**ts, will never be missed.

why not, do you really think people with imagination and drive, will loose it if the money is low? this is the argument of the greedy, and whilst its touted a lot, its actually untrue, imho. these people are not stupid, they will do it for the money they can get, however much or little it is. and if some want to leave, let them. greedy c**ts, will never be missed.

no u are wrong.
a skilled professional should not be penalised for going to uni..gettin degree`s...and put damn hard work into getting a higher than the average wage

of course they will the only reason people want a good job is for the money
what they need to do is get rid of benefits
a single mum with two kids on benifits take home a week including her rent and council taxed payed is about £350 a week thats more than i get working
so where is the incentive to work

Surely the higher paid are already paying higher taxes.

If someone is on £500/week and pays 20% tax then he/she has £400 after tax but before other deductions.

If someone is on £1000/week and pays 40% tax then he/she has £600 after tax but before other deductions.

The higher earner started off earning 100% more than the other but after tax only earned 50% more.

It simply unrealistic to want to tax higher earners even more, if they were taxed 60% then the would earn the same as someone on £500/week

btw....I am on 20% tax but I wish it was 40% cos I would be earning more.

as for petrol prices we are still paying around 5-10p more per litre than we were in dec 2006 when oil prices were the same

gordon brown have a lot to answer for

we are still awaiting stamp duty to increase on petrol as it was frozen this year

Back