Bloody murdering cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrToad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Next door's cat sneaked up and slaughtered my daughter's Guinea pig. Not surprisingly, she is heartbroken. The neighbour has offered to replace the pet, but it ain't quite the same.

The neighbour also used the "its only in their nature" excuse. I'm tempted to borrow a greyhound or terrier to maul her cat and see how she likes to hear "its only in their nature" then.

This cat is a spoilt fat tabby that eats a meal then goes out to find something to torture and kill (like most cats do) a one track mind. It even kills butterflies and grasshoppers. It destroyed a whole brood of young robins as they left the nest earlier this year, witnessd by my daughter again. I'm sure the massive over-population of cats in many areas like this has drastically affected garden birds and other wildlife. No wonder sparrows and thrushes are becoming scarce

I grew up with both dogs and cats as pets. I don't understand what pleasure owners get from their cats. The best you can expect is that they sit on your lap and purr, and look interested when they see you and rub around your legs if food is expected. Dogs on the other hand can worship you and follow you to the end. I remember I got much more affection from my pet rat than from the family moggy.

Cats are dangerous animals, and there are too many of the things. My wife has scars on her leg from an unprovoked attack from a looney Siamese when she was young. I wish owners would follow the advice to at least put bells on the bloody things to give other animals some chance. Even if someone bred a toothless and clawless variety I expect they would suck things to death. Maybe if they had to be registered like other dangerous breeds owners would be more responsible.

Final rant, why do so many 'cat lovers' need to have 2, 3, 4, 5 or more of the bloody things?

Couldn't agree more. Ferkin things should all be neutered and kept in cages.

I hope your daughter is getting over it.

Last edited:
next youll be complaining that a bird pulled a worm out of the soil.

No complaint about that. But cats kill for fun, not for food.

karym6

It was in a run with high sides. Spoilt pussy jumped in from the fence, and was struggling to get out when my daughter caught it in the act... Her pet died in her hands, which were covered in blood. All very traumatic.

cats kill because cats take them home for there owners as presents. maybe you should have had your guniea pig in a secure enclosure. ill see iff i can try and teach a cat to get its killing instict to stop. and i dont think the cat will go, oooh im bored, lets go on a killing spree because its fun.

i dont think the cat will go, oooh im bored, lets go on a killing spree because its fun.

I think they do exactly that.

karym6

No roof unfortunately. In fact, it was an old kid's playpen. Watch out parents!

Last edited:
My wife has scars on her leg from an unprovoked attack from a looney Siamese when she was young.

pmsl....................I feel for your your wife,being emotinally scarred for life by a Siamese,I own a Siamese chocolate point and can totally confirm they are fooking looneys. They are the MaC-Daddys of the domestic cat world in my opinion.

I think they do exactly that.

karym6

No roof unfortunately. In fact, it was an old kid's playpen. Watch out parents!

if i go to africa again and i see a big cat (lion/lioness/cheetah) kill a gazelle, then i will say, oooh thats not nice, cant you stop that animal from killing other animals please.

its a cats instict to kill.

look after your pets proper and provide them with safe and secure enclosurers.

its a cats instict to kill.

look after your pets proper and provide them with safe and secure enclosurers.

I'm glad we agree. I don't mind big cats in Africa, its the little killers living next door I object to. Maybe responsible cat owners should quote: "look after your pets proper and provide them with safe and secure enclosurers" as you suggest.

I'm glad we agree. I don't mind big cats in Africa, its the little killers living next door I object to. Maybe responsible cat owners should quote: "look after your pets proper and provide them with safe and secure enclosurers" as you suggest.

it isnt the owners fault if your suggesting that. and if you ae thats just silly

Of course it's the cat owners fault. Nobody forces them to keep the nasty little fookers.

P.S. Why can't cats crap in their own gardens?

ffs, it aint a dog that can be trained ffs. its a fecking cat. start being realistic people, its a fooking cat, not a mass murderer

Its a fecking cat, and in my opinion anyone that has an open top run deserves what it gets.

It may not be a cat the next time, but possibly a bird of prey. What will you say then, ohh those birds need to be shot!

Cats eat meat and its in their instinct to hunt and kill, just like its yours to shag the missus!

ffs, it aint a dog that can be trained ffs. its a fecking cat. start being realistic people, its a fooking cat, not a mass murderer

The point is that a lot of them ARE mass murderers, and if they can't be trained then maybe they should either be restrained in a cage or at least fitted with bells by responsible owners.

If responsible dog owners didn't control their pets there would be a lot fewer cats, and cat owners would not be happy with the "its only their nature' excuse for a dog-shredded moggy.

Its a fecking cat, and in my opinion anyone that has an open top run deserves what it gets.

It may not be a cat the next time, but possibly a bird of prey. What will you say then, ohh those birds need to be shot!

Cats eat meat and its in their instinct to hunt and kill, just like its yours to shag the missus!

Unlike that Guinea pig, my missus has lived to tell the tale!

Problem is that cats do kill for fun, even straight afer a tin of Cattomeat.

Birds of prey and most predators kill for food, not fun. By the way, anyone ever heard of a guinea pig taken from a garden by a bird of prey??

MrToad says that his run was a kid's playpen. Roof them all over, folks. There's moggies and vultures about...

So bloody what if they kill for fun??

Its in there nature and all the compaining will not stop them from doing it!

As I said above if someone is daft enough to not have a cover over the run when they new there are cats about they deserve all they get!

So bloody what if they kill for fun??

Its in there nature and all the compaining will not stop them from doing it!

As I said above if someone is daft enough to not have a cover over the run when they new there are cats about they deserve all they get!

Okay, I now realise I should have roofed over the run. That makes me feel even worse about my daughter's grief. I just forgot about the killer next door.

Cats are not the only creature which kill on a full stomach. The guilty cat will be disappearing soon. You could argue that I should know better, but I would say "it's only my nature".

I am sick of irresponsible "cat lovers" making excuses for their little murderers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back