Bloody Internet

Gazer

Banned
Reaction score
Right Guys and (dolls if we have any) I'm doing a survey on which is the best internet surver on the net,
I'm with BTinternet, And thay are CRAP it take's 10 to 20 goes to get on, and when you do eventually get on you find out that your connected at 36k not 44 or 46k.
Downloading take's forever,then when your just getting into it your 2 hours are up bloody great.
So please put your remarks on this subject, and lets see if we can find a good all round internet surver cheers Gazer..... :mad: :confused: :mad:

I use Freeserve and to be fair i dont have any probs with them, i cnnect at 48-49 K and they always connect its rare that it takes more than 3 attempts to get on.

but as you all know somebody will have different views

just my 2 bobs worth :D

NTL World viathe BT network.
To get there you need to get a disk from ntl ( can take upto 4 weeks!!!) You sign on , give the details on your plastic and voila.
What do you get?
Well, in the 8 months i have been with them i have never had an engaged tone. 1st time evry time. Connection speeds vary from 46 - 54. The install software that comes with the cd and gets you on line is pure ****e. I found the best thing to do is get all the sign on details into a new dial up account and delte the ntl stuff. Between 6 and 10.30 in the evenings does get a little slow but when you have 24/7 you can adapt. Usually before i go to bed , i would set up gozilla for whatever downloads i want and it does the rest. Most days i be logged on here about 12-16 hours so there dont seem to be any probs with that ( Ie ntl haven't started gubbing yet!!!)
Verdict?????? Best ISP i have ever logged on with. No Hassle, No problems and best of all , when i pay them £14.99 for my monthly sub, they give me £14.99 worth of free calls!!! I dont think theres any ISP that even comes close to that

Regards

Jester

HELLO THERE IM WITH FREESERVE TOO ITS BEEN OKAY NOT BRILLIANT BUT LAST WEEK I DOWNLOADED A NEW BROWSER CALLED OPERA YOU CAN GET IT AT WWW.OPERA.COM AND ITS SO MUCH BETTER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER FOR SOME REASON I DONT KNOW ITS A LOT FASTER YOU CAN LOAD A WEBSITE IN WHILST THATS LAODING YOU CLICK ON NEW LOAD UP ANOTHER AND IN ABOUT TWO MINUTES YOU CAN LOAD UP ABOUT 10 WEBSITES. YOU SHOULD CHECK IT OUT.
OH YEH THIS FORUM IS EXCELLENT KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ,, KEITH..

hi 1st i like to say i like the site its great. im on AOL its ok never be kick off but every now and again you need to phone up AOL to get a new number to add on or it gets hard to logon i logon 1st but at peak times its on the 2nd go but like i said i never be kick off i stay on for about 6-8 hour at a time

Just got AOL the other day just untill my NTL disc comes not to bad but not to good only conneting at 36 to 40k but it is 24/7 for 1st month free trial so we shall see....Gazer :p

I'm with freeserve through bt surftime and i have no problems connecting, usually between 45-46. I have the evening and weekend package which early on you could not get on just after 6pm, but its improved no end.

I'm on ntlworld...STILL :(

Usually connect at 52,000bps lowest it's ever been is 45,333bps :)

I'm seriously thinking about getting satellite internet access :))

Wolverine

to be fair Im with BT and I have never had a problem, connecting/speed/traffic etc the only thing Im not so keen on is using Internet Explorer so I might try this opera browser.

oh and by the way dont even get me started on AOL and NTL........... :mad:

Hi folks I had problems with both BTInternet and freeserve especially on Sundays! So I joined Lineone same price, great delivery have never had to connect twice for a connection AND it doesnt log you off after two hours! great for big files!
It also has the best newsgroup feed Ive seen thus far you get mp3 and all the binaries,.....if you know what I mean heh heh
gives me a 48000 connection which is the same as the others cept freeserve was often 46777 ;)

i used to use plus.net great package great speeds it was priced at £5.99 + surftime for a 24/7 connection
but they one day came up with a new idea if you were on 2 hrs a day you were a heavy user if you were on 2hrs 50mins or more a day you were excessive and they booted ya off the system i was on for 18hrs or so a day and the gits closed me account
im now on ntl with 48k plus connection (daytime) and demon for off peak with surftime evenings and weekends ok its £12 a month but you can connect up all evening without no disconnection and from friday 6pm till monday 8am constantly at 50k with only the odd engaged tone

Back