Bloody Garage

Kris

DW Member ++
Reaction score
I took my car to a garage I found in the Good Garage Scheme (http://www.goodgaragescheme.co.uk/) about 20 miles away for a service and MOT and it was a shambles!

At 11, I get a call saying it had failed on 2 bulbs (fog light and brake) and a seatbelt that won't pull out and that it was gonna be £120 for a replacement to be fitted. Was slightly annoyed but went to pick my car up at 1 and had a quick look at the seatbelt myself.... it was jammed but a couple of tugs and it was absolutely fine! Sorted but a little annoyed that was too difficult for them to do themselves because I almost ordered a replacement with them. He then tells me the fog light doesn't work and he said that he'd tried 2 new bulbs. I checked it a couple of weeks before and it was fine but it indeed wasn't working today. I asked them if they could have a look today and they said no and to come back on Monday which was gonna be another 40 miles on my car. This was at 1 and they'd had the car since 9 and they didn't look all that busy. I took it home and took it to the garage around the corner. It took him 2 MINUTES to fix the fog light. All it was was a bad contact and just bent it out a little with a screwdriver. Can't believe I've gotta drive back again just to prove one light works now.

I went there expecting a decent service from them from the reviews I'd read and they just didn't seem bothered at all. :Angryfire

l have just looked at that site and l know a few of the garages on there being in the trade myself l can tell u there filling the comments in themselves , lm sure that wot the garage has do that u used .

best way to know about a garage is to ask a friend or the guy next door

@smirnoff_rules I have a 03 plate focus , speedo,fuel gage and temp gage not working been reading and seems a lot of people have the same problem, it seems to be an Instrument Cluster problem, now what is this? any idea?

Sorry to hear bout ur troubles mate, but as far as MOT goes there not allowed to "tug" at the seatbelt for the mot, there not even allowed to top water level up in windscreen wiper, dunno why but its mot rules, however when it was in for the serice they definetly should have sorted your problems out.

Sorry to hear again mate, might be a idea to post a comment on the guide to warn other people :)

Back