Blade Trinity Final IMAGE Feedback (Updated)

I'm using Blade Final and find that some settings don't survive a reboot. I need the TV output to be CVBS which isn't the default. So every time there is reboot I lose the setting. The same thing happens with Ucodes. I change from 001A to 0014 to make recording work but I lose it next reboot. Is this a problem with the Flash memory on my box or is there a menu solution ??

mike

That's a strange one... On every image I've come across, changing uCodes means a reboot for the change to take effect. After you've changed from 001A to 0014, as you normally would do this, have a look in /var/etc/ and see which uCode is really 'active'. It'll say something like .0014 on one of the 0 bytes files.

Cheers- AL

That's a strange one... On every image I've come across, changing uCodes means a reboot for the change to take effect. After you've changed from 001A to 0014, as you normally would do this, have a look in /var/etc/ and see which uCode is really 'active'. It'll say something like .0014 on one of the 0 bytes files.
Cheers- AL
Are you sure that's the right location. There's absolutely nothing in /var/etc or maybe that's the problem !
When I select "check Ucodes" from the on screen menu it always says 001A after a reboot even though I change to 0014 and save settings before re-booting
mike

Are you sure that's the right location. There's absolutely nothing in /var/etc or maybe that's the problem !
When I select "check Ucodes" from the on screen menu it always says 001A after a reboot even though I change to 0014 and save settings before re-booting
mike

Just for you, magistral- I dropped what I was doing (beta-testing a top secret image beginning with C) and reflashed with xenafan's Blade Trinity Final, to try and pinpoint what your problem might be, m8.

This self-sacrifice HAS to be worth a punch on my Thanks button, LOL!

Well, from your problem description, I half expected Blade to be relying solely on the Allinwonder (AIW) menu system. But no, it's a good blend of AIW, along with our old favourites, hops / mmops / shellexec for the Blue button system menus (much of which we can thank Cryogenic for).

One thing I did notice in the Blue button > Blade Settings Menu is that aVia600 driver is set as default for the Nokia 2x image. Some nokias are aVia500 chipped, but seem fine with the 600 driver (my 3, for example). But I suspect there are many 500 boxes out there that don't like the 600 driver??

Anyway- I've changed from 001A to 0014, and it reads 0014 after reboot. Changed back to 001A and it reads 001A after reboot. Now down to the nitty gritty... Here's the contents of my /var/etc folder, all 'files' of 0 bytes in size (they're just clever markers that tell the system what's currently active and what to start at bootup):

.boot_info Enables the boot info screen
.gbox Active EMU
.lcd_epg Loads the LCD EPG plugin, which I've grown to like a lot
.load_avia_alt Loads aVia500 driver (delete this line and 600 driver loads by default)
.nhttpd Enables yWeb interface (good way of learning German, LOL!)
.no_enxwatchdog Nokia doesn't need this, it's for those 'orrible Sagems)
.pmt_update Don't know what this does, but I always set it to OFF, so this will vanish soon!
.ucode_0014 Currently active emu

So there you go, magistral : multi :

Via FTP and careful editing of the /var/etc folder, you can change settings without even touching the menu system. A Restart Neutrino or Restart dBox is usually needed, of course!

Summary: If your /var/etc folder is really empty, and your uCode changes won't 'stick' after a reboot, you probably need to reflash 'cos your present image has gone read only for whatever reason. Maybe you've tried to load too many Games in, perhaps? (There's none by default).

Remember this a JFFS2 image, not SquashFS (compressed)- so space is limited...

You should be OK backing up your image as it stands (flash w/o bootloader) then flash that backup onto your box.

Cheers- AL (Old Git) :Devil:

@xenafan: Congrats on a very nice image indeed m8!!

@xenafan: Spotted your deliberate mistake in the settings > misc > colors > OSD Timeouts menu, m8!

There's a whole line missing in the english.locale file:

timing.infobar_movieplayer Infobar/Movieplayer

Do I win a prize? LOL! Also, the folder /share/tuxbox/sokoban can be deleted to free up some valuable space. Cheers- AL

I'm having trouble finding channels when I do a scan with this image.

I've cleared the public keys and forced an update, and when I scan it lists the channels it's found (around 380; 280 TV, 60 radio, 40 data) but when the scan finishes it's says that no channels were found?!

I've set my area and I've got a services.xml for my area from the downloads section but I can't transfer it via FlashFXP as it says there's already a file with that name, and when I try to overwrite it, the file fails to transfer.

I can't seem to delete it either, either on the dbox or through FlashFXP.

Any ideas?

I have really high hopes for this image and I'm desparate to try it. I have loads of freezing/chirping issues with Commando and don't want to go back it!

Sounds like its gone read only delete the one you have on your pc
d/load it and flash it again and see if you can ftp your services.xml in then..

Thanks, I've done that now, and the services.xml transferred OK, but I still get the "Channel Not Available" error message.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong?

Here's what I've done so far:

Downloaded a fresh image
Flashed it to the dbox.
Forced the key updates
FTP'd the services.xml

Anything else I'm missing?

I prob need a step by step guide so thanks in advance for taking the time to help!
I'm sure I'll get the hang of this one day...

What softcamd and ucodes are you trying.

go to dbox/all in wonder menu and try a different softcamd, just go down to the softcam and press enter to change it then press red to restart the camd. Go to a channel and give it a few minutes to see if it comes on if not try another. If it is set at Gbox, then try Mgcamd or vice versa. If after that you still get nothing then try changing the ucodes, that will need a reboot everytime you change them, so try the Camds 1st.

Thanks again everyone.

Changed ucam again to 0014 and it started to work. I had tried that before but I guess I didn't do it quite right.

Mega thanks to Xenafan for the image - I can't believe it's been almost 4 hours without chirping for freezing or anything at all - the old image would need constant attention and it's bliss not having to change channel or reboot every 15 minutes!

Thanks again everyone.
Changed ucam again to 0014 and it started to work. I had tried that before but I guess I didn't do it quite right.
Mega thanks to Xenafan for the image - I can't believe it's been almost 4 hours without chirping for freezing or anything at all - the old image would need constant attention and it's bliss not having to change channel or reboot every 15 minutes!

Glad its working ok for you
Thanks for the feedback

Cheers

Just for you, magistral- I dropped what I was doing (beta-testing a top secret image beginning with C) and reflashed with xenafan's Blade Trinity Final, to try and pinpoint what your problem might be, m8.
This self-sacrifice HAS to be worth a punch on my Thanks button, LOL!
Well, from your problem description, I half expected Blade to be relying solely on the Allinwonder (AIW) menu system. But no, it's a good blend of AIW, along with our old favourites, hops / mmops / shellexec for the Blue button system menus (much of which we can thank Cryogenic for).
One thing I did notice in the Blue button > Blade Settings Menu is that aVia600 driver is set as default for the Nokia 2x image. Some nokias are aVia500 chipped, but seem fine with the 600 driver (my 3, for example). But I suspect there are many 500 boxes out there that don't like the 600 driver??
Anyway- I've changed from 001A to 0014, and it reads 0014 after reboot. Changed back to 001A and it reads 001A after reboot. Now down to the nitty gritty... Here's the contents of my /var/etc folder, all 'files' of 0 bytes in size (they're just clever markers that tell the system what's currently active and what to start at bootup):
.boot_info Enables the boot info screen
.gbox Active EMU
.lcd_epg Loads the LCD EPG plugin, which I've grown to like a lot
.load_avia_alt Loads aVia500 driver (delete this line and 600 driver loads by default)
.nhttpd Enables yWeb interface (good way of learning German, LOL!)
.no_enxwatchdog Nokia doesn't need this, it's for those 'orrible Sagems)
.pmt_update Don't know what this does, but I always set it to OFF, so this will vanish soon!
.ucode_0014 Currently active emu
So there you go, magistral : multi :
Via FTP and careful editing of the /var/etc folder, you can change settings without even touching the menu system. A Restart Neutrino or Restart dBox is usually needed, of course!
Summary: If your /var/etc folder is really empty, and your uCode changes won't 'stick' after a reboot, you probably need to reflash 'cos your present image has gone read only for whatever reason. Maybe you've tried to load too many Games in, perhaps? (There's none by default).
Remember this a JFFS2 image, not SquashFS (compressed)- so space is limited...
You should be OK backing up your image as it stands (flash w/o bootloader) then flash that backup onto your box.
Cheers- AL (Old Git) :Devil:
@xenafan: Congrats on a very nice image indeed m8!!
Cheers for takeing the time to help out m8
Really think that this is the best on the net great here.
Many Thanks
Xenafan

Last edited:
Hi Xenafan,

I have been running with your Blade Trinity Final image for a month with no problems. However today i have noticed that I am loosing half of the movie channels (very sticky) although I still get the epg info on all of them. I tried doing a new scan but got alot less tv channels (196 as opposed to the usual 256). I reverted back to my original services file and am back to square 1. Any idea what I could try?

Cheers

Hi,

So on a problem channel the avg readings are below. At present these movie chanels are there but very sticky.

BER--> 262143
SNR--> 54000
SIG--> 40600

Hi,

So on a problem channel the avg readings are below. At present these movie chanels are there but very sticky.

BER--> 262143
SNR--> 54000
SIG--> 40600

Straight to the heart of the problem, gomez! There's something wrong with your cabling, or a dodgy splitter. First off, though, have a look at the actual Antenna socket on the back of the box. See my advice in this recent thread:

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/149297/

Then get your box connected directly to the incoming wall point, with a known-good patch lead, and test again. Your BER should be in double or triple digits, no more.

Cheers- AL :handball:

Last edited by a moderator:
the recording was aborted since the data couldn`t be written fast enough

This is the error I get on most of the channels, on channels like UKTV its much more prevailent than say bbc1. Any ideas ive changed the network card and the shared folder from c:\pvr to d:

VLC streaming not working

Has anyone got this working on this image? I can't seem to get it to work - I used to have a commando v6 image, and it worked after I applied to mods to the VLC install - but on this image it errors telling me a file is missing (I a writing this from memory, as I don't have the dbox infront of me) and suggests using a newer version of VLC (I have the latest)

I can connect to the PC and have mounted the PC movie folder on the dbox and can record to my PC harddish from the dbox..so it's not a network problem.

I noticed that the path settings for the movieplayer were a bit or ie C:/Movies instead of C:\Movies, but changing this doesn't make any difference, indeeded when I try to connect to VLC it shows \...\C:\Movies regardless of my path.

Any help from experienced members would be much appreciated.: multi :

Back