Mobile Phones blackberry playbook who can help

kniner

Member ++
Reaction score
Birthday gift of a blackberry playbook, and I need some help using it
1) how do i get the GPS to work?
2) have been told that you can get Android apps to work on this ,any one know how
3) would like s good satnav for it ,That will work
4) any tips as to where or how I can get apps for it

Hope some one can help ...and thanks

1) right i have a playbook and they don't actually have gps chips in them so from what I've found out so far you can't actually get sat navs to work on them properly.
2) you can get android app on the pb and there are lots of ways to do it but not all android apps do work with the pb, the easiest way i managed to do it was to download the apps from here: Free Android apps & games download | 1mobile.com just search what app you want and then download it this site is pretty much the only one that doesn't require you to go through your mobile like Google play does. once you have downloaded your app you want go to: PlayBook .apk to .bar converter and click upload .apk file (that is the file format of android apps) and the site will license it and convert it to pb app format.
after you have converted the app you need some software called "DDPB" get it from: DDPB installer utility for BlackBerry PlayBook updated to v1.0.9 | CrackBerry.com and find download for windows, this will open a new box amd then click download again and install the software.
Explaining how to get the app onto the pb is more complicated so i found a video which explains it better and a walk through on a video is easier than following directions lol: How to use DDPB Installer on PC! - YouTube
this video explains how to set the pb up with the develop mode plugging it into the PC etc.
3) basically no gps = no real working sat nav (check out crackberry that is very helpful with pb)
4) BP does have a store called app world but very basic and not many apps at all until they release BB10 software which i think is in early 2013 and you will get more apps im hoping on spotify as pb not having spotify is a huge disapointment for me and the android app conversion doesn't work either I've tried lol.

Any issues just ask

1) right i have a playbook and they don't actually have gps chips in them so from what I've found out so far you can't actually get sat navs to work on them properly.
2) you can get android app on the pb and there are lots of ways to do it but not all android apps do work with the pb, the easiest way i managed to do it was to download the apps from here: Free Android apps & games download | 1mobile.com just search what app you want and then download it this site is pretty much the only one that doesn't require you to go through your mobile like Google play does. once you have downloaded your app you want go to: PlayBook .apk to .bar converter and click upload .apk file (that is the file format of android apps) and the site will license it and convert it to pb app format.
after you have converted the app you need some software called "DDPB" get it from: DDPB installer utility for BlackBerry PlayBook updated to v1.0.9 | CrackBerry.com and find download for windows, this will open a new box amd then click download again and install the software.
Explaining how to get the app onto the pb is more complicated so i found a video which explains it better and a walk through on a video is easier than following directions lol: How to use DDPB Installer on PC! - YouTube
this video explains how to set the pb up with the develop mode plugging it into the PC etc.
3) basically no gps = no real working sat nav (check out crackberry that is very helpful with pb)
4) BP does have a store called app world but very basic and not many apps at all until they release BB10 software which i think is in early 2013 and you will get more apps im hoping on spotify as pb not having spotify is a huge disapointment for me and the android app conversion doesn't work either I've tried lol.

Any issues just ask

Thanks for taking the time to give a very detail reply to my questions....thanks very much

Have you or do you know if VLC direct will work on the Playbook? I have download it and install VLC BUT unable to find how to link it to the film I installed

Thanks

Thanks for taking the time to give a very detail reply to my questions....thanks very much

Have you or do you know if VLC direct will work on the Playbook? I have download it and install VLC BUT unable to find how to link it to the film I installed

Thanks

Sorry took so long to reply not had time to come online.
I've never used VLC player on the playbook, i only use mine for internet browsing and playing music in my car as i have a 64GB version, don't have any films on it I'm afraid.
Have a look at crackberry.com there maybe something there to help, it has lots of information about the playbook and blackberry stuff.

Back