Bizarre Dbox Problem...Anyone help?

FATFROG

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hiya ppl heres a good one for all the experts out there amongst us...Nokia dbox2 intelx2 in debug mode,the box had been playing up sometimes hanging up,kein system etc etc so using IFA flashed new sportster across,all went well plugged it into my portable tv in the bedroom (no cable feed ) and box started up as expected,obtained the network addy and using flashfxp transferred across my services/cables files,restarted box and once agin everything seemed fine everything where it should be etc...now the good bit lol unplugged box and connected it up to the main tv in the living room connected up cable feed etc and switched on,first the box got no further than kein system on front lcd and when i done a reset (power/up arrow) now all i get is a blank lcd.There is definately power going to the box as the light still shows behind the lcd but nothing appears on the lcd panel?... i have tried reflashing the box with both the next gen and zogre images and get the same results everytime...anyone seen this b4 or have any ideas why i am getting a blank lcd and box refuses to boot? any help greatly appreciated cheers

if your main feed is downstairs and you have a longer connection upstairs then surely this will have something to do with the power of your signal. perhaps the boxs couldnt handle the sig rate on the lower level feed cause it was to high. attenuator or equalizer would be the questions i would be asking. my guess would be to get a 8db equalizer switch. reflash the box blah blah blah and try rebooting.l

I don't know if this will be of any use to you but I had a nokia 2x Intel box and the box wouldn't wake up until you held the power/up arrow buttons in the lcd would dim slightly then at that moment you would have to release the two buttons and the boot screen on the lcd would come on and it worked till you turned it off at the mains and turned it back on again then the stress started again and you had to go through the above sequence all over again. P.S the timeing was crucial in releaseing the buttons you had to be fast for it to work.

Thanx for the replies folks...@wenglishboy there is no cable feed connected until i actually try the box,its not the coaxial/splitter/attentuator etc etc but thanx for the reply anyway....@mgb havin a few probs with ifa right now it flashes the box ok altho for some reason it will only work if i use the german version,b also appears to go thru a different process on the lcd than i remember it seems to flash twice or summit it looks like it is erasing backup and then flashing image also bit unsure how to create a bootlog? when the flash process completes i get a wee row of smiley faces on dbox lcd and the word furtig(or something similarly german sounding! lol) but doesnt appear to let me right click copy and paste the text in the com window,....@dtwomac thanx ill give that a try as well altho bit dubious as i have tried resetting using the power and up arrow a few times but hey what have i got to lose,the box doesnt wanna behave itself as it is anyway lol...any more suggestions gratefully received many thanx folks

K any bootlog experts in the house? lol when i start IFA i dont get flashing on the lcd i get something like helenberg image flashing assistant and thats it no flashing/flashing done this is the bootlog for my last attempt which as you will have gathered was again unsuccessful lol had to unplug the box twice b4 IFA started dont know if this shows in the bootlog or not,anyway same problems as originally posted..i can get the image across and then ftp my services etc and when i switch box on all appears fine until i switch box off and connect it up to different tv and the cable feed then all i get is a blank lcd anyway anyone familiar with bootlogs who can decipher any problems please get in touch any help much appreciated

?debug: DDF: Calibrating delay loop... debug: DDF: 67.79 BogoMIPS
debug: BMon V1.0 mID 01
debug: feID 7a gtxID 0b
debug: fpID 5a dsID http://Hallenberg.com
debug: HWrev X5 SWrev 0.81
debug: B/Ex/Fl(MB) 32/00/08
WATCHDOG reset enabled
dbo ½debug: DDF: Calibrating delay loop... debug: DDF: 67.79 BogoMIPS
WATCHDOG reset enabled
dbox2:root> debug:
BOOTP/TFTP bootstrap loader (v0.3)
debug:
debug: Transmitting BOOTP request via broadcast
debug: Given up BOOTP/TFTP boot
boot net failed

Flash-FS bootstrap loader (v1.5)

Flash superblock not ok: No bootrecord
boot flash /root/platform/nokia-dbox2/kernel/os failed

boot flash /root/platform/mpc8xx-dbox2/kernel/os failed

boot flash /root/platform/kernel/os failed

boot flash /root.new/platform/nokia-dbox2/kernel/os failed

boot flash /root.new/platform/mpc8xx-dbox2/kernel/os failed

boot flash /root.new/platform/kernel/os failed

boot flash /lost+found/root/platform/nokia-dbox2/kernel/os failed

boot flash /lost+found/root/platform/mpc8xx-dbox2/kernel/os failed

boot flash /lost+found/root/platform/kernel/os failed
dbox2:root> ????½½½½debug: DDF: Calibrating delay loop... debug: DDF: 67.79 BogoMIPS
debug: WATCHDOG RESET
WATCHDOG reset enabled
debug: autoboot aborted from terminal
dbox2:root> boot net net net net net net net net net net
debug:
BOOTP/TFTP bootstrap loader (v0.3)
debug:
debug: Transmitting BOOTP request via broadcast
debug: Got BOOTP reply from Server IP 82.40.42.27, My IP 82.40.42.202
debug: Sending TFTP-request for file C/ppcboot99763/ppcboot_nullmodem
debug: Got Block #0050
debug: Got Block #0050
debug: Got Block #0100
debug: Got Block #0150
debug: Got Block #0200
debug: Got Block #0250
debug: Got Block #0300
debug: Got Block #0350
will verify ELF image, start= 0x800000, size= 201596
verify sig: 262
boot net: boot file has no valid signature
Branching to 0x40000

ppcboot 0.6.4 (Apr 11 2002 - 16:10:44)

Initializing...
CPU: PPC823ZTnnB2 at 67 MHz: 2 kB I-Cache 1 kB D-Cache
Board: ### No HW ID - assuming TQM8xxL
DRAM: (faked) 32 MB
Ethernet: 00-50-9c-17-32-5b
FLASH: 8 MB
LCD driver (KS0713) initialized
BOOTP broadcast 1
TFTP from server 82.40.42.27; our IP address is 82.40.42.202
Filename 'C/tftpboot/logo-lcd'.
Load address: 0x130000
Loading: *##
done
LCD logo at: 0x130000 (0x1F9FFC0 bytes)
BOOTP broadcast 1
Filename 'C/tftpboot/logo-fb'.
Load address: 0x120000
Loading: *####################################
done
FB logo at: 0x0 (0x1FC0000 bytes)
AVIA Frambuffer
Input: serial
Output: serial

Select (1-3), other keys to stop autoboot: 0
'bootd' recursion detected

dbox2-ppcboot> bootp 120000 /tftpboot/flash.img

BOOTP broadcast 1
Filename '/tftpboot/flash.img'.
Load address: 0x120000
Loading: *#############################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################
done

dbox2-ppcboot> protect off 10020000 107FFFFF

Un-Protected 63 sectors

dbox2-ppcboot> erase 10020000 107FFFFF

Erase Flash from 0x10020000 to 0x107fffff

sector 4 ....
sector 5 ....
sector 6 ....
sector 7 ....
sector 8 ....
sector 9 ....
sector 10 ....
sector 11 ....
sector 12 ....
sector 13 ....
sector 14 ....
sector 15 ....
sector 16 ....
sector 17 ....
sector 18 ....
sector 19 ....
sector 20 ....
sector 21 ....
sector 22 ....
sector 23 ....
sector 24 ....
sector 25 ....
sector 26 ....
sector 27 ....
sector 28 ....
sector 29 ....
sector 30 ....
sector 31 ....
sector 32 ....
sector 33 ....
sector 34 ....
sector 35 ....
sector 36 ....
sector 37 ....
sector 38 ....
sector 39 ....
sector 40 ....
sector 41 ....
sector 42 ....
sector 43 ....
sector 44 ....
sector 45 ....
sector 46 ....
sector 47 ....
sector 48 ....
sector 49 ....
sector 50 ....
sector 51 ....
sector 52 ....
sector 53 ....
sector 54 ....
sector 55 ....
sector 56 ....
sector 57 ....
sector 58 ....
sector 59 ....
sector 60 ....
sector 61 ....
sector 62 ....
sector 63 ....
sector 64 ....
sector 65 ....
sector 66 .... done
Erased 63 sectors

dbox2-ppcboot> 0 
------ Systeminformations ------
Selected networkdevice: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport (0)
IP-address of the networkdevice: 82.40.42.27
IP-address which the dbox gets: 82.40.42.202
Operatingsystem: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)