Bit of Help Needed

q2uantum

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I havent touched a PSP for over a year! and today a mate at work has asked me if I can upgrade his PSP for him as he's going to give it his son. The thing is I have lost touch with the PSP firmware scene and I am lost at what the best way to upgrade it to one of the latest ones is.

Its a PSP1000 and is currently on 3.52 M33-4 (Very old I know!)

Anyone advice on the upgrade path would be great please.

Regards

q2uantum

Hi Guys,

Im all sorted... did a little bit more reading up and worked out the few stages I needed to do to get to latest 5.50 Prometheus V4 and its working like a dream :)

Regards

q2

Can you share the stages please as I also have one on M33 at home that I wanted to sort out but havent had the chance too - maybe over christmas

No problems JTH - busy time of year for everyone :)

For anyone that wants to know how I did it these are the steps I did:

CUrrent FW - 3.52 M33-4
1) Upgrade to 3.71 M33
2) Upgrade to 4.01 M33
3) Upgrade to 5.50 GEN D3
4) Upgrade to 5.50 Prom 4

Fifa 11 and a few new games tested and working fine :)

Regards

q2

Cheers mate now just to use the search button over the holidays :)

I will see if I can pack up the software in to a rar mate and upload somewhere for you. Will post the link once I have done it if I am allowed? (JTH can you confirm this is ok?)

regards

q2

I will see if I can pack up the software in to a rar mate and upload somewhere for you. Will post the link once I have done it if I am allowed? (JTH can you confirm this is ok?)

regards

q2

hellcat recovery prob best way without pandora .
ill post links soon

posted in stickies

Last edited:
Just managed to blow the dust of my psp and its seems to be on 3.10 oe-a

Its a slim white and at the bottom it say psp1003

cant see where to find the motherboard board type - i seem to remeber seeing it where the game cd goes

Can i still use this hellcat method as i see you mention its for m33

Thanks

Skinz

Back