Bit Of Advice Please

westkill

Inactive User
Reaction score
HI ALL
im having broard band put in by ntl 2my main pc can i network my daughters pc 2 mine and both use the the internet on both pc ,s at the same time or would i need another modem what would be the best way 2 go or am i talkin complete boll**ks LOL: multi :

ICS is possible but would require the 1st pc to be on in order for the second to connect to the net or you could just buy a broadband router (not an ADSL modem/router, just a basic broadband router)

I am currently running my sons internet connection through mine .
Mine is the main machine that is linked to the internet
I have connected the two computers together with a cable through the LAN port.

If you are using XP then it is very easy to create Shares where you can share devices like printers etc.
Downfall is that the main machine has to be on for the other machine to recive access to the internet.

Let us know how you get on or any probs

Best way to network is thru a router, this will also give u added firewall protection... use ethernet, USB can degrade your connection. If u cant do it this way, then just link pc2pc via a xover ethernet cable... remember it has to be xover (crossover) if u do it this way.

You should be able to mate, I think you will need a network card in both pc's. I run a pc and a wireless laptop from one modem so it can be done not exactly sure how you would go about it though.

Back