Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

bin & cue files

J

jaime

I am almost finished downloading Attack of the clones from Sharereactor and it is in bin and cue files, (hopefully it is a real copy!!!) What do i do with these? Must i burn them to view them? Cheers in advance.

use cdrwin to burn them m8 this is an image of the disk

Thanks Davidh, i assume that i can use any burning software though eh? I just tried to get cdrwin from Speccys site but it didn't work. I'll just try to get something else decent.

One more question, the files are all around 830Mb, is it possible to compress them so that they fit on an 800Mb cd? If so, how is this done? Oh, another question (sorry), i will use nero to create the cd's so should i choose Video CD, or Super Video CD, or neither???
Thanks again folks.

There isn't to my knowleadge a bigger Cd than a 700mb it may just be bigger cause its in a diffrent formatt;) try burning iut to a cheap cd first

If interested there are 90 min CDR's out there but weather they are compatible with your writer is another story as not all writers can support 90 min CD's

Dark Angel, i tried to use WinIso to open the bin file but it keeps saying that it performs an illegal operation and closes itself down. I also tried IsoBuster and this manages to extract it but no player can open the file. It extracts it as MPEG2 and i keep getting messages from both RealOne player and Windows Media Player that no codecs are available to open the file. What am i missing?

Yeah IsoBuster extract the bin-file. The folder has a *.dat file which is as big as the movie you downloaded.
To ope4n the dat-file. Go in the folder ...click with right mouse on the dat-file...then open with...choose a program from a list...choose media player ...and finally its working.

Cheers

Thanks everyone for your words, BUT...i got bored with nothing working and everything just going round in circles so i deleted it. Yep, it's gone. Not only the fact that i couldn't get it to work but part 3 of the bin files still hadn't finished downloading after about 4 days so i decided enough was enough.
I hope you won't take this badly and refuse me help in the future!!!

Dooohhhh...that is typical man. ha ha ha
I had helped you...and we had get it worked..believe me.
But now is it too late.

Dark Angel, i will need your help again i'm sure as i do plan on trying again with Attack of the Clones soon!!!

just finished downloading the first cd nearly 800mb, with cdrwin 4 beta (downloaded from kazaa ) loaded the cue file and burnt it to
a 700mb cd no problems. i have found with media files it reflects on the length of the format not the mb. for example i have checked some audio cd's they have been 76 minuets but 780mb

Hooray (sound trumpets and things of that ilk), i finally managed to do what everyone here already knows is soooo easy. I downloaded Attack Of The Clones again and it works!!!
I didn't bother unpacking it to view it first but burned it using the very helpful instructions on www.vcdhelp.com and it is the real film. Although, it is a 3 cd file and i only have 2 blank ones tonight (Doh!) but the first 2 cd's are fine, even decent video and audio quality.
Thanks to everyone yet again for your steering me in the right direction, and thank you to Speccy (again) for Nero.

Back