Big Spider

They look good from afar, but close hand, they scare me.

i have had 2 of those in my house this week one which was dead upside down in the bath huge fooker too and then another one alive on bathroom floor which the wife spotted getting out of the shower. she screamed arrrrrrrrgh I'm stuck. i thought she had slipped and got stuck in the bath or soming lmao. anyway got in there and there it was ofc my job was to save her but I'm shit scared of em above money spider size. so i used the towel method to remove spidy and let it out the window. however when i was a landscape gardener i was bitten by one of these when moving some old bricks. and it does indeed make you go dizzy feels like a flu jab when it bites and the area swole up and itched like crazy. i thought i was gonna die lol. soon wore off though.

I was on holiday in Cyprus Paphos this year and we woke up to find this on the floor.

It was massive and I mean massive it was like a fist, I wouldn't pick it up so tried hitting it with my newspaper it didn't like that one bit and jumped up at me!!!

Needless to say I shit myself but managed to hit it mid air right outside the door.

Only thing is I think my swing was a little over zealous and I killed it.

The things you can see round this pic is ants trying to eat it !!

Still feel funny talking about it now, send shivers down my spine :)

You need to zoom in to see it as I wouldn't go anywhere near it even though I new it was dead :)

FOOK THAT!

Thats not a spider, thats a pony. Lynx and a lighter for that one m8!

Does the average person consume four spiders per year in his sleep?

well what do you reckon?

I find a lot of large spiders in my house. I don't mind spiders if they stay out of the way and eat flies. They become a nuisance when they insist upon using the floors though. There is nothing worse than standing on one (or half of one) with bare feet and then switching the light on to see its legs contracting as it dies.

Most of mine don't seem to spin webs but some are seemingly capable as when I have retrieved them from ceilings using a feather duster they try to abseil to the floor.

What is this specimen?

It was quite large and looks like one of the Hobo types that Rat has seen.

See this in the Metro yesterday

METRO

The feckers are getting bigger .. btw a rolled up metro sorts those aggressive house feckers out lol

see i like them they kill flys there is no creature more annoying than flies

i know there is a reason for every animal (bees polinate the flowers etc and i think so do flys ???) but i dont know what these fookers are here for apart from eating shit

anything that kills flys is a fooking big thumbs up for me

A Fly is part of the decomposing process, they lay eggs on something dead and the maggots that hatch feed on the dead flesh .. Nasty lol

yeah then the fly around shat all day and land on ya food :puke:

Im supprised how common that spider is lol lots of people have had one in there house

Yeah did you know Flies vomit on food before eating it, so as to soften the meal up :(

That's a beauty. I leave them alone in my house. They do a great job of keeping the insects down.

Live and let live i say, as long as they're killing the flies. lol

yeah I usually leave the spiders as they dont usually bother me one bit ,nor the kids but I dont want something that size running around the house

it really gives me the shivers thinking about it

them ones will jump at you as well, my kids think its great to poke them with sticks to see them turn round and jump at them, the baby thinks its great, but now i know they bite they wont be doing that no more

:arrrr:is it not women that are scared of spiders or was i wrong lol: big crow

Back