Big help setting up net wireless network please

Teeny

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guy's
Haven't got a clue about all this network stuff, so need big time help please.
I want to use the lappy via broadband from the home computer. I've gone out and bought linksys wireless thingy, installed it to the network card, now when i run the wizard it's asking me for loads of imformation that i haven't got a clue about or where to find it. Any help would be great thanks.

there a night mare.................

just get a normal wired one............

i chucked mine in the bin............lol...............

i wished i hadn't got the flaming lappy now, it's all so confusing it's doing my head in. It's asking me to chose settings that i've never heard of and another thing it's asking me is for the passphase which should be 8-32 charchters long.......

sorry guy's for not replying earlier i was trying it out again, but no luck, the worst thing about it is, you can't get no one on here to give you step instructions cos your off line....... so i've plugged me broadband back in as you've proberly gathered, i think i this may be going where thedogs put his....:mad:

Tina I have sent you a pm with full instructions to get you up and running with your new ADSL Gateway.

Capdan

ok guy's, I've got it installed etc... (all lights except2,3,4,) but the internet light is flashing then stays on for afew secs then flashes agian, and thats how it stays.... i am unable to browse the web. I've checked the tuts etc...and when i go into properties to check the ip adress etc all the box's were empty, so i put the correct address into them but am left with an empty box, DNS alternative i think it was. Now i'm stuck and don't know what else to try. I tried to put on the ipaddress in the browser as the tut said h**p://192.168.1.1 but i hit the enter button it say's i'm off line then tries to look for the dial up connection.. Do i have to enter something to tell the I.E. to connection via the network or something as it keeps bring the dialup box up on the screen. Also when i was stting up the setup wizard fronm the disk that came with the linksys, it was asking me for the 'passphase' that my network uses, how do i find this out. Cheers Guy's

Last edited:
Tina, Just read your post. do the following

Open internet explorer and select tools, internet options, connections tab. set never dial a connection. now try to connect via http://192.168.1.1 you will be ok

go on msn and I will talk you through it

Capdan

Last edited:
Back