Beware

3dfella

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ive just bought a new PSP from Pc World. Following the advice on the stickies I checked the bar code tab on the box. My box clearly stated F which should be 2.0. When I get it home its a 2.50. Not the end of the world as I will but GTA but still a pain in the arse nonetheless. The sticky should be updated to reflect this!

Ive just bought a new PSP from Pc World. Following the advice on the stickies I checked the bar code tab on the box. My box clearly stated F which should be 2.0. When I get it home its a 2.50. Not the end of the world as I will but GTA but still a pain in the arse nonetheless. The sticky should be updated to reflect this!

The sticky is a guide, and not the written rule. Sony aint stupid. And the shop could of just used a different box or something.

Just downgrade that badboy, and get gaming!

Well mate it does say confirmed and the box was sealed.

When I get it home its a 2.50. Not the end of the world as I will but GTA but still a pain in the arse nonetheless. The sticky should be updated to reflect this!

You don't need GTA, you upgrade to 2.71 then downgrade to 1.5. Very easy with any PSP upto 2.71 now with the easy downgrader, so no difference between a 2.0 and 2.5. ( Except TA-082 boards)

could you point me in the right direction please mate?

Last edited:
Thanks mate but already done :) I used the easy downgrader and didnt need to update to 2.71 as I dont have the TA-082 MB.

Tut Here - http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/about32884.html

One thing I could do with help on is how to launch games/homebrew. Do I have to run GTA each and every time?

Thank you mate, Ill have a read. Thx for all your help!

DW strikes again! Ive got a 1.5 PSP that can play virtually anything! Ive installed devhook and can emulate 3.1 firmware for the games that need it.

Thanks for the assistance guys. Thats an xbox, dbox, pace box and now PSP done. All thx to DW!

Back